Show off your keyboard ⌨ and mouse 🐁

When you see your teacher throw a 3.5" disk onto the floor just to prove a point that they were tough, you weren't gonna hurt them I was like, ya, how long will these be a thing really?

Well, as it turned out, they were a thing a little longer then I expected. But they were made obsolete in the 2000's when optical burner drives were king. And then flash drives took over once they shown themselves competent enough to store over 350MB of data on a single drive lol.

1 Like

I bought the Bluetooth mini keyboard and the Bluetooth mouse in 2011. I'm still using the mouse daily. I broke the power switch on the keyboard last week. I'll see if I could resolder it or find a replacement to also solder on.

4 Likes

I have exactly the same one!
(Among a dozen of collection of keyboards.)
I fell in love with it when I saw those unique round keys :heart_eyes:

One short coming for this keyboard is that Function keys are set to Media keys. I managed to solve it eventually thanks to those generous people sharing their knowledge at GitHub.

4 Likes

Small is beautiful :heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

"That's not what she said." :wink::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Well, we won't repeat in here what she actually said, this is a rated PG-board, as I've been reminded at least once before. lol

On the subject of beauty however, they say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Well, for the record, I sense much beauty in this thread, and its not just the keyboards. :heartpulse:

2 Likes

The keyboard has a sort of sportsman look to it with the orange accents. But no NUMPAD, Aravisian and I consider that a violation in terms lol. Its funny, cause both him and I feel the same way about the speed in which we can type numbers in on the NUMPAD, thats actually why they were invented BTW.

I too feel like a slow typing single finger typer on the top number keys. Its funny, I can type quickly on the letter keys, but get me on the top number keys, and its like back to day one in typing class for me lol.

Your genius mouse seems to really like the lighting you are using, I am guessing 5000K, and it appears to agree with it, as the lighting compliments the grey look of the Genius mouse. How's the latency and reception with that mouse?

omg i can't imagine little 3D stickers on my keyboard, idk how you do it though I understand the practical application of them. Nice choice of hello kitty though : P

This is the MX Keys bluetooth keyboard I use when hooking up to HDMI and using a separate monitor. It has some bells and whistles I dont use, but it's mechanical and types real nice. I bought a 2nd one to use at work and got rid of that gawd awful, clunky & loud atrocity they called a keyboard. I can't stand constant clicking sounds like that so I replaced my mice with silent Logitech Pebbles, too.

2 Likes

Wow, that is a curious design!
It looks like a cross between square and round keys.

1 Like

I think this keyboard is very Japanese - who is known to love cleanliness.

As far as I know, this is the only washable keyboard currently in the market.

Showing with a cleaning brush and a cap to protect the USB connector from splashing water. I could only get my hands on a French AZERTY version. The stickers on some keys to convert it to QWERTY were hand-made by me :wink:

As the pandemic continues on, this might be a solution in places where people have to share a keyboard?

[edit]
One more photo showing a washing instruction and water drainage holes on the back side.

3 Likes

My keyboard a wireless logitech k750 with solar panels.

keyboard

4 Likes

Another Logitech invention.
I think 90% of input devices I have are made by Logitech.

2 Likes

I have always used logitech mouse and keyboards, but if Asus comes up with something that aren't gaming oriented but aesthetic and practical 'll try that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hum.... Should I talk about that triangle Microsoft mouse here?
Or should I start another thread called "Show off your mice"?
:mouse2:

2 Likes

And I see you started off the use of that keyboard right, with a kawaii hello kitty sticker to the right of the Logitech brand. That keyboard embraces a good washing, for it is the embodiment of CLEAN. But what matters most, is its Hello Kitty approved! :blush:

3 Likes

Or change the title to include mouse, then we can have the whole thing in one thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes

C'est une bonne idée !
as French says. I will do that now.

Oh my gosh, that mouse is so kawaii! Yes, you should start a new thread for mice, that would only be right.

Also, Storms keyboard with the solar panels is very futuristic, I think Doc Brown would be happy to have that lol.

1 Like

That works too lol

2 Likes

My mouse is a Logitech M705 wireless

logitech-marathon-m705-wireless-mouse-charcoal

3 Likes