Software center not responding

Hi,
I Just shifted from W10 to Zorin, I installed Zorin 16 core as my main system on the entire disk. it's a perfect system and shipped with a lot of customization.
Right now I'm facing a problem with my software center.
it's not working at all, im not able to lunch the app,

• I removed the app through the terminal and install it again, but even though the problem was still not solved.

• I tried to search in synaptic for any crashed packages to fix but it's not there.

please advise how to recover App center and get it working again

Welcome to Zorin OS 16 Ashly!

(1) Please hold CTRL ALT T to enter terminal.

(2) Please run the following command and then press enter...

sudo apt install -f --reinstall gnome-software

Enter your password when it asks you to. Then after its finished installing, I'd like you to restart your computer.

Once you have done this, hopefully your software-store is operating properly. And if it has, please remember to mark this post as solved, thank you!

StarTreker

yoda
Your Tech Support Guru

thanK you Startreker,
this is already tried through terminal app removal and reinstall, and it's still not working,
I also had done several system restarts, sudo apt update, sudo apt upgrade.

Have you gone to Software & Updates and changed the sources to MAIN SERVER? If you have, and your having all these issues, then instead, switch to your countries server, and see. Although, I am getting a weird feeling, that dubai, is not going to be a reliable source, so maybe keep it on MAIN SERVER for now.

Its imply just a thought I had. Cause I know of nothing else to try at this time.

2 Likes

im making the system auto-selecting the best server.
anyhow I will try again and let you know if any change.

Can you please try:

sudo apt clean && sudo apt autoremove

killall gnome-software

rm -r ~/.local/share/gnome-software

Try launching Software again.

3 Likes

Thank You Aravisian. That fixed my issue with having 'Installed 1'....

You're good. You help without even knowing it at times...haha

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.