Speaker and microphone not detected

Sorry it seems your installing Zorin to an SD card ( hence the SD card reader),, do you not have an internal hard drive?

Or are you trying to install Zorin From the SD card to your chromebook hard drive?

2 Likes

Can you open " system Monitor" & show me this section please.

Forgot your on Lite,,,, please open " Disks" & post that.

2 Likes

This can't be right. Zorin OS will fit in that space at install, but that is pretty small once updates or /var/log starts to fill.
That is a problem that must be solved.

2 Likes

I think my internal storage IS a SD card (sorry for the latency, I was doing some homework).

It looks like it is an eMMc card.

1 Like

This is not because of ZorinOS installation, it's when I tried to install Linux on a Chromebook before and I didn't succeed but my storage passed from 64Gb to 32Gb

Yes it's possible

Hmmm, not sure how to reset the drive back to 64gb,, you may need to do some research,,

i found some interesting info,,, yes old & relates to a dell machine, but refers to alot of things that need changing,,
site link

-Using Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS
-Dell Inspiron 14 3452 (Intel Celeron N3050, 4GB DDR3L, 32GB eMMC Flash Storage, UEFI)
--In order for the system to recognized the installed OS, you must ensure the system is using UEFI boot mode as well as enabling Firmware TPM BEFORE installation. Secure boot MUST be off for installation and after installation. Legacy Option ROM should be disabled. After install, the system will recognize the OS and boot properly after the TPM check which will only occur at the very first bootup and never occur again.

Note: i'm away for an hour or so,,,, now the sun's up, choirs to be done.
brb

1 Like

In your screenshot, it is highlighted on the SD Card reader.
What is that other block?

2 Likes

I think a reset of the machine to clear the drive partition then try the install again.

1 Like

I've already done that multiple times and it didn't work but now it's not possible anymore : the following line doesn't work anymore because I don't have ChromeOS anymore (SeaBIOS acts like a payload as I understood) :
2) Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + r.

The other disks ?

Yes what is the 28gb block device showing in disks?

It may pay to search youtube or maybe a chromebook forum,,, as i see there are a few ways to reset/format a chromebook.
eg: hold down the esc + the 3rd button next to ( a circle )esc & keep holding while you click restart. then hold ctrl & click d then enter...
other than youtube you can find other approaches to help..
try here.

unfortunately im suspecting a hardware issue,

If you still find after further research on youtube & other forums that your not getting anywhere.

i recommend you taking the chromebook to your local pc shop, to test the hardware.

keeps us informed.

1 Like

It's my internal storage.

I've already tried all that and even more when I had ChromeOS and it didn't work, now I can't anymore : I don't have ChromeOS anymore.

ok, here what a pc repair shop would do after checking hardware,

otherwise reinstall chrome OS & follow the above posts on how to setup a chromebook prior to installing other OS ( like enabling developer mode)

1 Like

Okay thanks :slight_smile:
But I think I can't reinstall ChromeOS

You can install ChromeOS on your Chromebook in much the same way as installing Zorin OS:

This is a tangent response: I am not personally sure if this is needed. Just... addressing the most recent question.

1 Like

No I can't : he have the Chromebook's default BIOS which is the only one on which can boot ChromeOS and I don't have it anymore.
And by the way, the Chromebook's BIOS can ONLY boot on ChromeOS so if I had it, I couldn't install ZorinOS or any other OS.

Because of this?

1 Like