The Shameless Plug Thread -Post your work

I definitely bookmarked this thread .... you make excellent themes and it shows as tons of time and energy went into designing these ..... I'm looking hard at a couple of more choices but I sure do like my Copper themed Cinnamon .... perfect .... :+1: :clap:

3 Likes

can you post to odysee, I use odysee

That is actually a TESTING object, that I used to see if widgets lined up and the window borders did what they were supposed to... In the README file it states:
"If you installed this, This is for testing purposes only and will not remain up for long and will not receive updates."
I just wanted to ensure that some of the .css code wouldn't glitch that I would use on other themes. Odyssey is no longer in my repository.

But if you are using it... I will see about fixing it up and ensuring it is a full working theme for you.

1 Like

Mercury

Finally have had enough free time to fix some panel and panel button issues.

1 Like

8:46 Updated due to Recent Events. Fixed titlebar button no-highlight - added 1-1-22 to Window Background.
https://www.deviantart.com/aravisian/art/8-46-tar-893462616?ga_submit_new=10%3A1642312136&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade

1 Like

Tranquility updated to correct for a change recently made to window management / GTK in XFCE 4.16

Copperdeck3 updated to add clarity to XFCE4-panel sn buttons.

Azenis2021 updated to fix Text Highlight in Chrome or Chromium-based browsers.

Updated a large number of themes. Prowler will be updated within two days.
For those using an Aravisian theme, please run

sudo apt update && apt list -u

to see if any are available. If so, run

sudo apt upgrade

2 Likes

Antares for XFCE, Cinnamon. I have not yet installed Mate on the new machine, so Mate will need to be included in an update, later.

Cinnamon and Mate users only:
An Alternate Metacity Theme

https://www.deviantart.com/aravisian/art/Antares-alt-metacity-tar-906990013

2 Likes

That's cool looking theme.

1 Like

Interesting I had to open an account in order to download your theme .... but I have it now and will check it out later ..... thank you

You could have just used apt.

sudo apt update && sudo apt install antares

2 Likes

I didn't know that ..... :sob: .... oh well it's done now :+1: and I have another command to add to my list so all is not lost .... :clap:

1 Like

Because I now have to have Windows 11 installed as dual boot, I booted up Windows 11 and went crazy with the desktop.

3 Likes

Antares theme- nice one, you really made a great one this time.
That contrast of blue fonts and black, also like the blue outlining, looks good in gimp and inkscape. :clap: :clap:

It took me long enough...

Interesting ..... I put the extracted folder into the .theme folder and opened it up in systems settings/themes but the only one it displayed in is the Window Boarders .... using Cinnamon DE

That one is an Alternate Window Border. Please rename that theme folder in ~/.themes to Antares1
Then, in terminal, install the full theme:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt install antares

Then reopen the settings manager in Cinnamon and it all should show up.

If it cannot locate the package:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:aravisian/gtk-theming

Then install the theme...

1 Like

Ran into some errors in the terminal ....so I tried both ways after I changed the name to Antares1 in the .themes folder

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt install antares

Reading package lists... Done
N: Ignoring file 'softmaker.listapt' in directory '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension
E: The repository 'Index of /mark-pcnetspec/conky-manager-pm9/ubuntu focal Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
mike@mike-ROG-Strix-G731GT-G731GT:~$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:aravisian/gtk-theming

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:aravisian/gtk-theming

Err:22 Index of /mark-pcnetspec/conky-manager-pm9/ubuntu focal Release
404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.95.85 80]
Reading package lists... Done
N: Ignoring file 'softmaker.listapt' in directory '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension
E: The repository 'Index of /mark-pcnetspec/conky-manager-pm9/ubuntu focal Release' does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.
mike@mike-ROG-Strix-G731GT-G731GT:~$

sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:mark-pcnetspec/conky-manager-pm9

sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/softmaker.listapt

sudo apt update && sudo apt install --reinstall antares

Thank you sir that did the trick ...... will post the results in "Show Your Desktop" ...... I used Storms "Gems-Sapphire" as the icon set for your "antares theme" .....

1 Like