The Zorin OS Upgrader has Arrived!

Read more about it on the blog

16 Likes

It can if you want to. It can also upgrade your system to PRO if needed.

1 Like

I'd like a Zorin OS Updater to update the OS as the actual Software Updater sometimes hangs some seconds and then minimizes itself after clicking Install and can crash after selecting some updates.

1 Like

Huh? Never uses it.

And how do you update your OS then? Do you use another software or update via terminal?

via terminal. When you can your apt on your fingertips it's easier.

1 Like

Nicely done.

2 Likes

i have zorin 15.3 core and the upgrader says there is no upgrade yet there is zorin 16?

Have you upgraded all packages, first?
Run

sudo apt update && sudo apt dist-upgrade

Then run the Zorin OS Upgrader and see what output it gives.

2 Likes

Well I for one are very pleased, I can see the future of Zorin being the number one distro! :raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Good News. I will creating a backup and installing fresh.
Update not always gived you 100% chance everything will be working 100%. I saw that in mint where it is exist and windows updates long time ago.

1 Like

I support the idea of making backups first. The blog post clearly states this is in Beta, and I'm sure they have thoroughly tested it, but doesn't hurt to make a backup just in case.

5 Likes

still says no upgrade did what ya said.

Let's notify the ZorinGroup directly and see if this is an issue to be resolved. This is the Beta version released for Public Testing, after-all. :wink:

And ZorinGroup now Notified.

1 Like

https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2023/06/zorin-os-upgrader-released

2 Likes

Wow, they picked that up quick...

1 Like

Gday @bloodrock , Welcome to the community.

If you or anyone is running Zorin 15.3 32bit, you will get a message saying "Please install Zorin os.
This is due to the 32bit OS being discontinued.
Hope this helps.

Added:
◦ On Zorin OS 15. You may not see any upgrade options.

Please read the Blog,

After the Beta testing period is completed in the coming weeks, the Zorin OS Upgrader will roll out to all Zorin OS 15 and 16 users as a software update.

4 Likes

Bravo Bravo

3 Likes

As I'm already using Zorin 16.2 Pro I'll have to wait till Zorin 17 Pro comes out to get to try this new upgrade method ..... so you folks have fun and help work out all the bugs ..... :+1: :clap: .....

Great job Zorin Brothers ..... thank you ..... :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes