Trackpad is not working on Zorin Ultimate

Hi I bought Zorin Ultimate, i have a Lenovo IdeaPad 5 14ARE05 AMD Ryzen-7 4700U 14" laptop, install went good everything was working including my trackpad, but after updating Zorin Ultimate my trackpad is not working anymore.

Can anyone help, i have no experience with linux, working on a mac.

Thank you Matthijs

Hi and welcome to the forum. Zorin 15.3 is based on Ubuntu 18.04. It seems that there is an issue with the trackpad driver in the 5.4 kernel (which is an update you received) that has not been resolved. Some have chosen to go back to the 5.3 kernel in order to fix this. You may or may not want to attempt this. Another option is a bluetooth wireless mouse, wired usb mouse.

You can find the discussion, recommendations and where to post the problem for the devs here:
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Other-Linux-Discussions/Touchpad-not-working-on-ideapad-5-14iil05/m-p/5019457?page=1#5067198

1 Like

Thank you for supporting 337harvey, stepping over to pop os, installed without any problems, Zorin Os is much cleaner, but after spending one day to get Zorin Os getting installed, i made my choice, gonna try it again with Zorin Os 16, but for now iḿ poppin. Have a great day.