Triple Monitor not working anymore

Hi!

Completely new here. I've been using Zorin OS Pro and today suddenly after upgrading some packages and getting an Latex installation running (For my study's), I got back home from University, connected laptop to my Lenovo Dock and suddenly it didn't work anymore. I'm currently only able to use 2 of my monitors (while using 1 direct HDMI cable and 1 DP via the dock (the dock is connected by USB C, I suppose thunderbolt) while disabling my laptop monitor disables automaticly. While trying to change settings I rarely get anything done, Zorin sets it back to the start settings.

While booting into Zorin, all my monitors get a loading screen and a login-screen. However when I login, they switch to my 2 seperated monitors and the laptopscreen goes off. I can't change the settings otherwise the system crashes (or might keep loading for a too long time) I then rebooted and got the same scenario.
I have a dual boot with Windows and it works fine there.
I've been searching for solutions but nothing i found could change it.

I also had this problem before in which i easily could lower de resolution and framerate of 1 of my monitors so i could use all of them. I supposse that was because my dock doesn't support 3 monitors on high resolution.

I can't figure out what I should do now. Could someone help?

Great thanks in advance for any reply!

I ran this command: "sudo lshw -C video".

Output:
*-display
description: Display controller
product: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
physical id: 0
bus info: pci@0000:03:00.0
logical name: /dev/fb0
logical name: /dev/fb1
version: c3
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pm pciexpress msi bus_master cap_list rom fb
configuration: depth=32 driver=amdgpu latency=0 mode=1920x1080 visual=truecolor xres=1920 yres=1080
resources: iomemory:fc0-fbf iomemory:fe0-fdf irq:76 memory:fc00000000-fdffffffff memory:fe00000000-fe0fffffff memory:fc900000-fc9fffff memory:fca00000-fca1ffff
*-display
description: VGA compatible controller
product: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
physical id: 0
bus info: pci@0000:08:00.0
version: c5
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: pm pciexpress msi msix vga_controller bus_master cap_list
configuration: driver=amdgpu latency=0
resources: irq:50 memory:d0000000-dfffffff memory:e0000000-e01fffff ioport:d000(size=256) memory:fc800000-fc87ffff

NOTE: The current Laptopdisplay is disabled in the Settings Menu (Display)

I just came accross this post too and I've been wondering if there's a similar problem. Zorin with Linux 5.15.0-53-generic has AMD GPU Displayport Issues

However I'm on linux-5-15-0-60 and can only go back to 5-15-0-58, which didn't make much of a difference.

You can install a different kernel and test on it- I am not certain that is the right step to take at this moment but the option is there.

In the meantime, at any time have you set Lidswitch?

sudo nano /etc/systemd/logind.conf

For the line: HandleLidSwitch=, remove the hashtag (#) and set to ignore.
= HandleLidSwitch=ignore

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for replying so fast, I changed logind.conf. Right now I'm in class, this evening I will check if it changed anything.

Hi again, I now figured out why I couldn't use my monitor setup. I don't know what Zorin OS Wayland is. However, I quickly found this link https://forum.zorin.com/t/wayland-vs-not-wayland/2838found . Seems I switched to Zorin OS Wayland in which Display set-up doesn't properly worked for me. Hence, the problem now is solved.

Thanks for your reply and time!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.