Uefi/legacy dell and acer

some white line appears and says some linuxsys failed

wait for about 5 to 10 min i will get back to you i intalled a new zorin copy and this time a new tool i am going to try again and tell you the results

so i encountered a problem with my pen drive so i will get back to after 1 hour

Ok. I will not be around at that time, perhaps others will. I may be back in about 5 or six hours.

1 Like

yeah okay i managed to fix it using rufus

1 Like

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: Zorin os 16 usb not showing as a boot option

good news turns out his father was not in contact with the positive case so now i have access to the laptop

because I now have access to the old dell laptop we will continue discussing about it on this forum

And we will be discussing the uefi based Acer laptop on this forum - Zorin os 16 usb not showing as a boot option - Installing Zorin OS - Zorin Forum

for people who are confused before i was talking about the old dell laptop but because of issue I wasn't able to get my hands on it so instead i started talking about another laptop (acer) that I already have until i get my hands on it. So now i have access to the old dell laptop

@aravisian I fear this thread has got confused and complicated by OP cross linking and discussion of two issues affecting: 1) Dell laptop installing Z15.3 Education, then 2) Acer laptop installing Z16 Core Beta (posts 13 to 25). That also appears as new thread Zorin os 16 usb not showing as a boot option

Do you think it would aid clarity to move posts 13 to 25 above to that thread?
And renaming this one omitting "Acer"

@Layyan Have you had a look at this tutorial: Before you install

1 Like

bad news when i went to get the laptop which was at this persons place i found out his father was in contact with a positive case of you know what

so for now this discussion is closed since i have no way of retrieving the laptop

i will try to install on my uefi based laptop to practice😉

Yes. I got confused several times in the course of it. :stuck_out_tongue:

For this laptop:
dell vostro intel celeron 1000m blank hard drive 320 gb legacy bios 2gb ram
You do not need a UEFI partition. If the BIOS is set to Legacy, ensure that when you boot the USB, you select the USB name as is, not a USB listed as UEFI (I have made this mistake, myself).

already did that but some lines apprar and 10 min later it fails

also i dont know how to install zorin os on the uefi baed acer laptop
i tried many times and in many ways using different tools but it only boots back into windows
i already changed boot options and disabled fast boot

:disappointed::unamused::unamused:...

Can you use a camera or phone to take a clear picture of that screen and lines?

sure ..

ok something different appeared this time

For some, reformatting the USB to FAT16, or FAT and burning the ISO image using Rufus or Unetbootin will resolve that error.
But there are many things that can cause it... I'm looking at that PCIe...

what do you mean

how can i format 128 gb usb drive to fat16 it only shows fat32

PCIe and NVMe drives sometimes have troubles with Linux.

Ah, I see the trouble. Yes, you would need a smaller drive.
FAT 16 cannot handle that many clusters.
You don't have like an 8 gig flash drive around?