Unable to install Nvidia drivers. Not able to select from the radio menu

I just checked NVidia site:

What they offer is version 295 there.

2 Likes

I'll try that one out. Don't remember seeing that one as an option on the repo or mentioned any where else. Thank you again!

1 Like

I can't find the driver on any repository available to me. Where can I find and how do I add other repos that might have what I need?

Was there not an installation script in the above link I posted?

I don't believe it does

?
You do not trust a shell script which NVidia itself supply?

No. I guess I'm just new to this and don't see it?

I think @Aravisian could help you with this.

If you could point me in the right direction and try and figure it out. Where do I find the script?

In that page, there is a button says : download

You can often install a specific Nvidia driver with the number from the Terminal.
In this case

sudo apt install nvidia-295

This is entirely dependent on whether it is in the Universe Repository, however.

Oh... I didn't even assume that I'd touch that as I'm always recommended to do everything through the terminal and the package manager and avoid downloading the things from the official websites

For the record, that is exactly how I manually install a GPU driver, if there are no better options available to me, in the Additional Drivers list. Excellent advice Aravisian!

1 Like

When I run the command it reads: "Unable to locate package nvidia-295"

I think it is too old. :frowning:

What you mean?
Is there a solution?

Have you tried Zorin OS 15, yet? Or just Zorin 16?

I think only Zorin 16. I went straight to the website and clicked the download button and got the version that comes from there

1 Like

Zorin OS 15 is supported until April of 2025.
It uses a different kernel and xserver-xorg, which may perform better with your card. It might be worth testing it to see.

Would I be able to install the drivers then?
Would it be possible to install a different driver that works better then no driver?
2025 is a long ways away but I don't feel comfortable about eventually losing support