Updating NVIDIA Driver

Thanks again, French Press. Another idea to try.

You might also find those small articles I wrote about input system in Zorin useful:

https://forum.zorin.com/t/how-to-enable-three-finger-drag/4948/10

I installed Blueman. I have my doubts as to whether I am doing things correctly post-install. My mouse is definitely working better and maintaining a connection. Blueman says my keyboard is connected. And unlike before where I had zero keyboard functionality, I now have some of the keys working. The ones that do work, don't match what they're labeled however.

/ = +
m = 0 (zero I believe)
p = *
0 = /
o = 6
i = 5
u = 4
l = 3
k = 2
j = 1
; = -

• = =
    . = . (match)
    Delete = Delete (match)
    9 = 9 (match)
    8 = 8 (match)
    7 = 7 (match)3

Thanks for getting me closer. Anyone seen this before? Is it a keyboard mapping issue that has a fix?

Yes, actually. On this very forum.

This thread above is when I first saw it...
There was another thread just like it a few months later, but I can't seem to get the search parameters right to find that thread.

Wow, you guys all went to a lot of work trying to solve the keyboard issue. The thread helped me solve this. It was not software or hardware related. Well sort of hardware related. But user error is the main culprit. I had my wired keyboard with numeric pad plugged in at the same time I was connecting to wireless. And my num lock on the wired keyboard was turned on. turned off the num lock and all works as expected. Have unplugged all the wired stuff now and I have my wireless keybad back. Thank goodness, the wired keypad was from the old lampshade model of the iMac. That goes back about 30 years and it was not a good keyboard then.

Thanks to everyone for helping me figure this out. The thank you sort a doesn't feel like enough.

3 Likes

Is it not amazing how good the Apple hardware was back in 90's? We have an iBook from that era which is still working - albeit too slow to do anything serious on it :slight_smile:

Yes, I will always remember when I purchased my lampshade iMac. My employer had purchased a new Dell for me at the very same time. The quality of workmanship between the two devices was night and day with the advantage to the iMac. Other than the keyboard. It was real sloppy. And I still use the iMac for some games from that era.

1 Like

Nice to know my past nightmare turned out to be useful in some degree to others. Good memory + Aravisian

3 Likes