!urgent ZorinOS not connecting to ssh

Ok now please trust me I tried all the available ways on internet and I am 90% sure that this 3 things are issues with zorin os.

1. You can't ping external ip or host it will show error
    ping: sendmsg: Operation not permitted

2. You can't traceroute ip or hostname again the same error

3. Ssh client doesn't works just connection timed out. I am able to connect from windows and now please don't give me all that stuff that you mistyped or that your server don't have port 22 opened I know all that stuff.

So I would like to ping @AZorin and @zorink (Sorry :frowning: If mispinged) for attention on this things.

Thanks,
Regards
@UncleNo.1

I'm not sure I understand the "Solution". Since this thread is marked for a Solution, can you please elaborate what the solution was?

1 Like

:cry: I also don't know the solution the solution was that it is a issue and maybe zorin team will look into it.
If you want to help me please give me the output of ping zorin.com so that I can confirm that operation not permitted problem happens with everyone not only me.

Ping is working for me. I think that in finding a solution here:

it can get you back on track for his thread.

1 Like
1 Like

If your above Post with Link is also your solution to this thread, you can mark your post as Solution as well.

1 Like

Done!

1 Like

I'm not sure I have much to input here. However if it were I, to rule out my desktop setup, I'd set myself up a like desktop inside a VM. Don't install anything extra on your VM desktop. From within your VM desktop, Open a terminal and run ssh [whatever-user]@your-server-ip-address -p [whatever port you're using]

If you can connect without issue, then you can safely say, something with your network stack has got jacked somewhere along the way.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.