USB writing applications (Etcher casualties UNITE!)

I also uses Windows but never used Etcher with it.
I always go for Rufus. Why Zorin groups recommend Etcher is beyond me.

In Linux, I write many microSD cards for RasPi and always used Etcher. For the reason I posted above, Etcher works much reliably with microSD cards than USB.

Everyone have choice what want to use creating live usb.
Sometimes for me this is a humor on websides and searching engine you can find people who asking for help here. I always thinking they are never do that or have problems how do that thy why novice user asking for that - of course with respectfull - everyone here starting begin with something and not going fast a eagle or one day building a Roma.

1 Like

In Windows I used Rufus for years, and than it starts to fail. Than I tried Etcher and it works. But also it fails few times ( not making bootable usb, just recovering USB ,switching it in normal state).

And everyone have a choice to choose which tool they want to use. There are a lot of tools for that ( Windows/Linux)

1 Like

Everyone have some experience with usb live for something what working another not working. I propably can sayed poor pendrive with some fail fabrication linus tech tips talking about that also some video on channel. I am very low trust for online shopping or shopping. Popular then why my pendrives working with all that usb live software? It is some "cheap trash pendrive" ? Pendrive can be poor if they are many times "recorded" - then it could be some fail boot to the pendrive. I never have problem with ISO what downloaded from server Zorin. Where is the point blame pendrive or ISO image? The user could better know where is the problem when want using a Zorin OS.

1 Like

May I recommend
wear levelling

2 Likes

Wow! how many haha...i only have 3 usb sticks and rarely use them haha.

1 Like

It is because your wife is watching out for the family budget :moneybag:
What I show above is what happens when the wife is also a nerd :nerd_face: and no budget checking system is in place.

1 Like

I better don't put because something could thinking I am a crazy man.

2 Likes

Absolutely no worry.
Your reputation here has been already established :crazy_face:

1 Like

This is so true :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.