Vgscan does not find volume group (LVM disk combining)

Yes, that is how to properly do it. From the USB bootable media, with your physical drive / parition unmounted. Then boot into your normal primary drive and check that the created volume is present

those trucks look baller man! can they build new trucks that low or do they have regulations now? what model?

just to be clear: you mean unmount and create physical volume both in USB mode?

1 Like

I do not slam, but others do- there are no regs against it where I live. I find it funny when one tries to navigate a speed bump.
This is a late model d-series- the owner wants Original Restoration with as minimal modification as possible. We have made one exception where I am using an arduino to provide an under the bench system for his own purposes. The original radio looks greqat in the dash... but he wants full control over playing Doowop and cannot rely on the Radio Stations for that.

Exactly, yes. Just as the links I posted should also say- though I have not really read them through fully, so please double check.

1 Like

wow doo-wo.p (it’s not letting me type wo.p the heck?! lol) is my new music of interest. thanks and will check out the link some of it seems useful!

Yes, I have been listening to all the music made before I was ever born for many years. Most of my tools all date from the 1930’s and 1940’s.
The word filter on the site is a bit overzealous. It got me on that word (It is also a disparaging term for immigrants) and it also censored my A-eolus icon theme name, as well. Which blew my mind.

didn’t know italians could be discriminated against for being ‘‘too stylish’’ xD!

‘‘In greek mythology, Aeoolus was the keeper of the winds and king of the island of Aeolia, one of the abrupt rocky Lipara islands close to Sicily Later classical writers regarded him as a god.’’

‘‘blew your mind’’ ahaha.

1 Like

I sense an Italian theme but I still don’t get the internal joke and mystery. ‘’

‘‘aeoolus
The answer to the universe; created the number 8 and brought life to the internets. Better known as the god of wind, but no one gives a ■■■■ about that.
(https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=internets).
5 thumbs up, 10 thumbs down.’’

The themes are not italian, in fact the origin of the name on the sister themes actually comes from the Burlington routes Zephyr and A-elous lines. Without the dash.
You could use the icons if you wanted to, but the themes themselves are for Mate, Cinnamon or XFCE. I do not create Gnome themes any longer.

I’m sooo confused: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWAEuNEAx3w

That’s it- a Diesel Electric locomotive from the 1930’s

ohhh I get what you’re saying now.
I love the 20s to 50s. 60s too. apart from the wars, everything seems to look prettier.

you make themes? nice fam.
what’s up with the Aeoolus name though why is it banned? :thinking: :smile:

I have no idea…

The word filter on here catches us all at one time or another.

that’s… pretty awesome!

Please be cautious about your language and try to avoid violations.

there is a reason it was censored by urban dictionary and also I’m just quoting his definition. how about you chill? I didn’t violate anything.

Be aware that should you post another violation, your post may be edited or deleted.

In fairness, therosehermit was posting a reference to an outside source that had the censor - due to our amusement or confusion as to why the name of my theme was censored by the Discord forum software.
It’s a topic that gets pretty deep… As Urban Dictionary (unintentionally) shows. Slang takes normal and ordinary words and assigns new meanings. Not just Awesome and Cool and Thick but also…
Netflix and chill.
I mean… how many of us were walking around saying netflix and chill before we knew what that actually meant?

The abuse of innocence is dissuaded by understanding. Not by Blanket Bans that cover all use. This is a topic affecting not just forums, but our entire nation. Currently in the USA, shipping and sales bans are being called for that are… uncalled for.
Moderators exist for this purpose. To intelligently disseminate between Intentions of Use and to inhibit abuse, but not inhibit communication.
Being a Moderator is NOT an easy job and often thankless for this reason. Having Moderators allows a way of not having software blanket all uses of one word as “bad.”