Video has a line when fast images and scrolling is bumpy

I am sorry this is all very new to me.

Should I now reboot in live and try the steps in the its foss article again but this time enter the path to /dev/nvme0n1p1 because I was getting the error that mount point doesn't exists when i typed /dev/sdc2?

I am now trying to reboot with the USB drive into zorin but I wont get into the grub menu again. I checked and it is set to grub timeout=10 but pressing esc doesn't let me in.
Can I try and use the boot repair app?

oh...
I see by your screenshot that your EFI partition is also on nvme0n1p1
LOL

Yep.

Are you saying you successfully booted back into your build of Zorin OS?

I am still trying to reboot my system into the live USB but it won't let me enter grub mode where I can select advanced options.

I just found out that when I press ESC and then F12 it opens a boot option where I can choose the USB stick. It shows two partitions though and the one I just pressed wanted to reinstall zorin all over again which I just cancelled. I am trying again to get into grub, perhaps the second partition works.

There is something terribly wrong with this computer. Now it wont let me access boot options and I followed the exact steps just mentioned.
I am having a mental break down here. ahh

Apparently I was too quick in saying that. I am now booted in the advanced options on my USB stick so I will follow the foss article and we'll go from there. :slight_smile:

hdky@R2D2:~$ sudo mount /dev/sda2 /mnt
[sudo] password for hdky:
mount: /mnt: special device /dev/sda2 does not exist.
hdky@R2D2:~$ sudo mount /dev/sdc2 /mnt
hdky@R2D2:~$ sudo mount /dev/nvme0n1p1 /mnt
hdky@R2D2:~$ sudo mount /dev/nvme0n1p1 /mnt/boot/efi
mount: /mnt/boot/efi: mount point does not exist.
hdky@R2D2:~$

Also when I booted from advanced options there are like 5 or 6 different zorin options to choose from. recovery mode ) for example. I choose the first one. Not sure if that makes a difference

So my biggest problem right now is that it wont find the mount point and it doesn't install the new grub?!

Solved. I was able to install the grub thing and can now boot into advanced settings for zorin without the USB stick. Yeah.

The screens looks fine and flips and I don't see anything just yet. I keep testing.

I walk away for a couple hours and come back to read panic and success. :grin:

1 Like

after more testing I found that the line is still displayed in flip-screen mode. But grub is back :slight_smile:

So, graphics issue remains unchanged?

Yes sadly!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.