Video Literacy Problem in Chrome

Bonjour.
J'ai récemment installé Zorin Lite 16.2, et je l'adore. Cependant, après avoir effectué la dernière mise à jour, je rencontre des problèmes pour lire des vidéos sur Chrome et Firefox. J'ai essayé de regarder des vidéos sur Netflix, Amazon et Crunchyroll, mais je reçois un code d'erreur à chaque fois.

Dans ma tentative de résoudre ce problème, j'ai décidé de réinstaller complètement Zorin. Avant de faire la mise à jour, j'ai installé Chrome et effectué des tests, et tout fonctionnait correctement. Cependant, après avoir effectué la mise à jour globale, les problèmes de lecture vidéo sont réapparus.
Merci de votre aide

Translation:
Hello. I recently installed Zorin Lite 16.2, and I love it. However, after performing the latest update, I am having problems playing videos on Chrome and Firefox. I've tried watching videos on Netflix, Amazon, and Crunchyroll, but I get an error code every time. In my attempt to fix this, I decided to completely reinstall Zorin. Before updating, I installed Chrome and ran some tests, and everything was working fine. However, after performing the global update, the video playback issues reappeared. Thank you for your help

Can you tell us what the error is.Screenshots would be helpful

Gday @christeph81 Welcome to the community!

Could you tell us the Spec's of your machine?
Laptop/Desktop/etc:
CPU:
RAM:
SSD/HDD size:
Graphics:
Brand/Model:

Is this Dual boot, or Zorin OS Lite only?

You may try disabling "hardware acceleration" in the browser's, also in BIOS if your machine supports it.

Voici les info demandé:
laptop
capacité

Voici les différentes erreur sur chaque plateforme

Merci

Could you please post the output of the command uname -a?
There has been a kernel update recently that broke a lot of things like this, and if the kernel is the problem, we'll be able to revert it.
Translation
Pourriez-vous afficher la sortie de la commande uname -a?
Il y a eu récemment une mise à jour du noyau qui a cassé beaucoup de choses comme ça, et si le noyau est le problème, nous pourrons le corriger.

I deleted my post because I made some researches and now I know why it is not working.
Do you use Google Chrome or any Chrom(ium) based browser??

If you use Chrome, for fixing this problem you should try to update Widevine. So, on your Chrome's address bar, type chrome://components.
It should open a page, look for "Widevine Content Decryption Module" and click "Check for updates".
If it tells you "Status - Component Already Up To Date", it was not the culprit.
If it tells you "Status - Component Updated", restart your browser and try playing some videos.

j'ai déjà réalier la mise à jours de "widevine content descryption Module" et sa ne change rien.

So, try my deleted post. It might be a kernel change.

si c'est un changement de kernel, quel est la solution?

Boot the computer and tap tab or esc to pull up Advanced Options for Zorin. Select to boot Zorin from an earlier kernel in the list (Not recovery mode).

Yandex Translate:
Démarrez l'ordinateur et appuyez sur "onglet" ou "echap" pour afficher les "Options avancées pour Zorin". Sélectionnez pour démarrer Zorin à partir d'un noyau antérieur dans la liste (pas en mode de récupération).

1 Like

In the grub, the string "recovery mode" isn't translated (in Italian it's still "recovery mode") so in the french translation leave it untranslated?
Sorry for contradicting

2 Likes

Does the above work?
I excuse my ignorance of Italian and French both. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It does, actually.

You can actually spell the word "recognize"...

1 Like

Bonjour
Merci pour tout c'est information. donc effectivement c'était un problème de Kernel. que j'ai résolu en suivant ta méthode. Merci beaucoup

1. Mark the post that solved as solution
  2. You can uninstall the newer kernel and set the older one as fallback, if you want.

Merci mon ami
(The only bits of french i know, even if my grandma is french)

You can set a previous working kernel as default at boot:

Bonjour, je pensais avoir résolu mon problème mais il persiste. Je viens de faire la mise à jour du nouveau kernel 5.15.0-73-generic et j'ai toujours un problème de lecture vidéo, aprés des recherche je pense avoir trouver d'ou peux venir le problème. J'ai testé la lecture d'une vidéo sur castLabs et j'ai un retour d'erreur:
FATAL Clpp-Error [Category 6 - Code 6002]: {"browserError":"Failed to execute 'createMediaKeys' on 'MediaKeySystemAccess': CDM creation failed"}
Il y aurait un problème de création de clé et de rattachement à la vidéo mais je ne sais pas comment réglé ce problème? est ce que quelqu'un a une piste à me donner?
Merci

Translated:
Hello, I thought I had solved my problem but it persists. I just updated the new kernel 5.15.0-73-generic and I still have a video playback problem, after research I think I found where the problem can come from. I tested the playback of a video on castLabs and I have a return error: FATAL Clpp-Error [Category 6 - Code 6002]: {"browserError":"Failed to execute 'createMediaKeys' on 'MediaKeySystemAccess': CDM creation failed"} There would be a problem creating a key and attaching to the video but I don't know how to fix it? Does anyone have a lead for me? Thank you

Pendant que vous avez le dernier noyau, essayez de désactiver « Accélération matérielle » dans votre navigateur. Si vous souhaitez sauvegarder l'ancien noyau, essayez d'abord le post ci-dessus, pour sauver l'ancien noyau de la mise à jour.

Translated:
While you have latest kernel, try disabling "Hardware Acceleration" in you browser.
If you wish to save the older kernel, first try the post above, to save the older kernel from updating.