What extensions are you using?

Me:

*Workspace Indicator (already installed). Lets you scroll thru your workspaces (set cursor on it).
*Clipboard Indicator. Stores clipboard entries.
*Tiling Assistant. Bonk windows into corners.
*Weather in the Clock
*Shutdown timer. Can be set to Suspend.

corner

1 Like
  • Burn my Windows
  • Wobble
  • Dash to Dock
  • Ddterm
  • Lock Keys
  • Places Status Indicator

Screenshot from 2022-11-09 02-18-36

Screenshot from 2022-11-09 02-18-46

1 Like

Ow.. seem like it only me? at least for now, that have a lot of extension installed, isn't it?

.deb

Tiny apps:

Right click to open as root:

sudo apt install nautilus-admin

Turn on numlock at boot (X11 only):

sudo apt-get install numlockx

Bonus tips:

Alt+F2+r to refresh desktop and fix most glitches (X11 only).

Swap Caps Lock and Esc using Tweaks.

Added:

Shell Restarter Extension.

Does Alt+F2+R with one click.

I've never actually installed and only use the ones that come with Pop!_OS by default. Interestingly I don't see any option to install new extensions from here... can anyone suggest how to install them? In particular, I wanted to ask if you know or recommend of some extension that serves as an audio equalizer?

1 Like

Install the Extension Manager app from the Software Store. You can also install them from web sites.

Also PulseEffects app from the Store.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I'll play with this and see what I can come up with...

Also, for comparison, the massive difference in size of flatpak vs .deb packages :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Now that is quite a difference in sizes .... Flatpak ---- 808.7 MB vs deb ---- 43.4 MB .... hate to see what it would be in a Snap package if offered .... :thinking:

Update:

Shell Restarter does work on Wayland. Surprising because Alt+F2+R does not. Numlockx is also working now. Or maybe booting with Numlock on just works with Wayland now.

BTW, sometimes the light doesn't come on. You gotta check by typing numbers.

1 Like

Update on Shell Restarter:

Tho it does work on Wayland, it closes all apps. I originally thought this was a big disadvantage vs X11 but it actually comes in handy when you want to close all apps on all workspaces at the end of the day. Chrome's Restore Pages thingee works so it's not that much of a disruption.

Numlockx is definitely working on Wayland but the Numlock light doesn't come on. If you want it on, hit it the button twice.

Demonstrating Workspace Indicator scrolling.

BTW, I'm off Wayland again. Wait till Zorin 17.

3 Likes

Fixed it for ya. :grin:

1 Like

BTW, using Tiling Assistant also fixes a slight Zorin bug where bonking a window on the top of the screen often doesn't work. Noticed this on more than one computer. Didn't realize how annoying it was till it was gone.

1 Like

Updated tray with extensions:

*Workspace Indicator
*Shell Restarter
*Clipboard Indicator
*Shutdown Timer (set to Suspend)
*Day of week (in Taskbar settings or Tweaks)
*Weather in the Clock

tray

No more Show Desktop button. It stops working if you do anything on the desktop. Easier just to scroll down to a blank desktop. Or hit the Chrome icon in the taskbar since I usually have two instances of Chrome open side by side. Set action to Toggle Windows in Taskbar settings. Workspace Indicator makes it so easy to change workspaces, there's really no reason to have windows under windows. Also keeps your taskbar from getting cluttered.

1 Like

I always add the Desktop Icons NG (DING) extension so I can get it to look like MacOS.

I went back to basics and only have 1 Extension added. That's "Lock Key" as my keyboard doesn't have a light indicator when it's on/off.

Untitled

• Dash to Dock
  • Burn My Windows
  • Caffeine
  • Coverflow Alt-Tab
  • Remove App Menu
  • Shell Configurator
    On my work computer also use Clipboard Indicator, with Ubuntu

@Storm if you don't mind, help me with something, when I first install, Plank, later Dash to Dock, windows keep minimizing to Zorin Taskbar, that's why I deactivate Zorin Taskbar and use Shell Configurator and Remove App Menu, any idea why that happens, I would like to keep using Zorin Taskbar.
Note: I had Zorin Taskbar on top of my desktop and small, I got that idea from you on another post, thanks

I dunno. A glitch perhaps or a bug. It's hard to tell, but I'm having a difficult to underestand what you mean. Can you add start a new thread and add some pictures to it?

1 Like