What is the reason for ZorinOS 16 r2/3/4?

and more informations about Lite version :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ha Ha. Lite is at the end of the tunnel.

We could all go into speculation and rumour that maybe r'n' (where n approaches infinity) revisions to Z16.0 may relate to Lite. i.e. Zorin Bros consolidating development improvements for Lite back into Core and Pro. But it would be good to know something (anything) from the 2 guys in the development bunker.

EDIT: I have amended the thread title.

2 Likes

Best line... ever.

Yeah, we can speculate when Lite will be out, and we all want them now.

I hope that Zorin brothers will inform us about that also.

R4 :joy:.

How many R versions they want to release in a week ?

We have updated the r3 post to include details of r4: Zorin OS 16 r3 and r4 incremental releases

Please note that it is not fully mirrored as the process usually takes over 24 hours to complete. We generally only post announcements when releases have been fully mirrored and are made available to everyone from the website.

As mentioned in the linked post:

We don't plan to post further announcements about future "-rX.iso" releases as they are minor revisions based on the latest software updates.

3 Likes

Regarding Zorin OS 16 Lite, as with all of our releases it follows a "release when ready" schedule, so we don't have a specific release date set. We are currently developing it and there's still a lot of work left on it.

If you wish to be among the first to know when it's ready, you can subscribe to our newsletter here:

3 Likes

This makes sense, as Zorin OS 16 Lite appears to use XFCE 4.16, which Xubuntu 20.04 does not do.
(I noticed Tasklist buttons are working properly now, by the way).

It is noteworthy that many distros do not make formal announcements for minor revisions.

However:

A specific release date would be nice, but even a general guess would be, as well.
As a mechanic, I have long noticed that when I am working on a customers car and they are eager for a Finish date and time, my statement of "i am working on it" is often more than enough. They understand that the Universe will repel the best laid of all plans. A specific date and time is nice, but not really what they are looking for. It is the reassurance of "present and accounted for" that they really need.

One thing that is present and accounted for across many different threads, populated by many different people is the need for stronger or more frequent communication from ZorinGroup.
I do not say this as a cold critic. Quite the contrary, I think I have demonstrated for almost Two Full Years now a desire to encourage the Zorin Project.

3 Likes

I thought I could stay on Zorn 16 Gnome, but I've been using Mint XFCE until LITE 16 comes.

1 Like

All the talk... you guys are making ME eager to see what they have done with Zorin OS Lite.:neutral_face:

2 Likes

Same here..I want it now, heheh..But until than, I am on Pro with Gnome :slight_smile:

I just hope with all the hype, that we ourselves are creating of course, it will deliver. I haven't been this excited for a new release in a very long time.

I have been also testing Feren OS. And except for Zorn 16 Pro, this distro also excites me but not as much. :grin:

2 Likes

OK Veruca!

It is what it is.

2 Likes

Haha yes that is me. Actually I was happy to hear the developers mention they are working on Lite, but it won't be out for a while. Now I won't have to think about it. I think I won't think about it I won't I won't

1 Like

TDodd... you're drooling.

2 Likes

Yes. An obsessive drool at that!

I am actually distracting myself by playing around with Feren OS. I don't usually like kde, but he's modified it enough that it's bearable. Except the menu keeps going blank, so I'll have to ask him about that on Discord. No forum.

1 Like

Wait, the menu suddenly goes blank? Sounds like Jar Jar has been messing around. Yeah, I tried Feren, memory leaks got the best of me, had to go back to Zorin. I also tried Makulu for awhile, I give Makulu this, its a beautiful OS, well, they have different versions like Zorin does actually, but they were beautiful OS's. But they also had, ding ding ding, you guess correctly, memory leaks. Back to Zorin. lol

Fixed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hmmm I may try that one as well. Feren has a beautiful look to it and works well for the most part, but I also know I'm only using it for a short time until Lite comes out so I'm not too worried about memory leaks and things like that. It's just a stopgap to help me forget how long it'll be before Lite release.