What rigs are you all running?

Now don’t get me started on Russian weather weapons!

Just noticed the default minimum post length in Discourse was 20 characters. I lowered it to 5 now.

2 Likes

Yes, we don't need no Russian water tentacles...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqjaTnBLGys

Noticed AZorin and StarTreker posts appear twice. The second appearance as indented reply to Swarf’s post “3now!”. Is this duplication intentional?

Perhaps you clicked the 2 Replies button at the bottom of Swarfendor’s “3 now!..” post, like so?

It’s collapsed by default, but pressing it should make it easier to look at replies to that specific post. It’s a helpful feature in case it’s a long topic with different subject matters being discussed (which sometimes happens) and the relevant replies could be further down the thread.

@AZorin. Yes that is what I did. If that is intentional behaviour then all is good.

1 Like

Daily driver is:

ASUS ROG STRIX B360-I
Intel Core i5-9400 2.9GHz
G. Skill 32GB
Onboard graphics.

Complete overkill but I wanted a mobo with an S/PDIF output.

I run Zorin on that.

Sever runs a socket 1150 board with a core i-5 and 16MB ram. Just a collection of parts I had lying around. I run Elementary OS on that one. No particular reason.

Laptop is a Lenovo T420. Elementary OS as well. Tried Zorin Lite as well but the default elementary theme looked a little better out of the box on the poopy screen. Hopefully I’ll upgrade this year to something like an X1 carbon or extreme. Just waiting for them to sort out a few issues with fedora and assume that those will carry forward into the Linux kernel. I’ll put Zorin on that.

Weakest machine I have runs Core just fine: https://www.newegg.com/gateway-ne56r34u-everyday-value/p/N82E16834101303
and it is my staple.

1 Like

Lenovo P51 here

39 posts were split to a new topic: Zorin 15.3 not recognizing 4k HDMI Monitor

I have just installed Zorin 15.3 on my Old but trusty Dell Inspiron 15 7000 G.
implementing an 8 series i7, 16Gb of ram, a gtx1050 ti . And am so impressed I am thinking about having Zorin per-installed on the Star Like Mk 3 I’m about to order .

1 Like

Installed Zorin OS 15.2 Lite on my wife’s 2010 Macbook with 4 gb RAM. Showed her how to boot it and open Libreoffice Writer. She created and saved three text files. We then printed them on our WIFI enabled printer. A month later she did everything by herself. I’d say that’s real success.

2 Likes

One of the reasons why I really love Zorin OS, is that it doesn’t need a brand new computer with extreme levels of performance, to operate it. Zorin OS works really well on both older DUAL core, or QUAD core machines.

And if you still have the older Zorin OS 12 version like I do, it can also function on a really old SINGLE core 64-bit machine as well. I do wonder if people have had much success running the newer Zorin OS 15 on a DUAL Core machine though?

I ask this because I have a family member with an older DUAL core machine, and I’d like to update them to OS 15, but if the performance is not going to be good, I will have to stick with version 12 for them.

2 Likes

For what its worth, I have Zorin Core (originally Z12 but since updated to Z15) running well on an old Centrino Duo (2 core) laptop here. I first did a test whether it would run 64bit OS and it passed. So Z15.3 64bit right now, and hope I can eventually update it to Z16 Core :smiley:

Thanks for the info!

And I think everyone will be even more thankful, once Zorin OS 16 comes out, and you test it to see if it runs well on your DUO core laptop, to post your findings, to let us know how it all went. Eventually DUAL core computers will be phased out of existence for good. But for now, they still have their place.

I personally have a 2012 QUAD core I7 notebook. So while its still perfectly usable for most things, it does however show its age terribly, when it comes to not being able to play any new games, and not being able to render 4K in a reasonable amount of time.

So eventually, once I get a new computer, my aim will be in a machine that both has the high speed performance for games, but also have multiple cores and threads to handle rendering.

Yeah, and I have a dual core i5 2520M with 4GB of DDR3 ram and it works fine. I even play Minecraft on it.

2 Likes

Just downloaded Zorin running it on an imac 2008 4gig ram, full install not dual booting

Running Zorin on a Bay trail tablet Linx 1010

• Processor: Intel Bay Trail-T Quad Core Z3735F up to 1.83 GHz processor
  • Operating System: Windows 8.1
  • Memory: 2GB LPDDR3

It’s funny I love the portability of these things

I am dual-booting zorin 15.3 ultimate on a MacBook Pro mid-2014.
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4308U CPU @ 2.80GHz × 4
Graphics: Intel® Iris® Graphics 5100 (HSW GT3)
Memory: 8GB
I am slowly switching away from mac os to zorin os on my macbook.

Running an old Acer Aspire V5-573G laptop. Runs ZorinOS beautifully and has finally got me using Linux on a regular basis. Almost use this more than my Windows Desktop. Run WinApps as well to access mainly Office Desktop apps, Adobe software, and Windows only programs, but where I can use native Linux equivalents (MS Teams, GitHub Desktop, VS Code, etc.).

Screenshot from 2021-01-20 14-36-28

1 Like