What would you like to see in ZorinOS 17

This made me think of the windows 3.1 installer where it prompts if you want printer support and if so what brands of printer lol

Rufus on the Software.

Will ZorinOS 17 preserve vertical workspaces?

The new Gnome shell uses horizontal workspaces but I've grown accustomed to the workflow of having my workspaces stacked vertically.

Any news on what the workspaces will look like?

Well for me Zorin 17 will be just a Zorin lilke always. I don't expect it will huge changes. Why? Because linux is chaos where people don't shoot like a team to the same a gate in football. Besides people who creating any distribution are volunteering. Propably Zorin 17 will going with Gnome.

Might be simple or not....I would like to see a "reinstall" of OS with "Keep your personal files and Folders in Home Directory option"...

Therefore, anything happens, I can just reinstall without the worry of losing anything....I do use Timeshift, but still will be a nice add on to the iso installer...

A far fetch one will be integrated Waydroid ( android apps)...

One more...Search compatibility....I use Albert which is awesome (searches files, calculations, the web etc. I even have a search icon withing my Zorin Os to click it on or a hot key within the keyboard settings to trigger it on (note, if use Wayland, the Albert built in hot key doesn't work (only for x11), that's why i built in a hot key within the keyboard settings).

Honestly that's it...Right now I don't have a PC for gaming so can't help you in that realm.

Love Zorin OS!

15 posts were split to a new topic: Side discussion on post deciphering

Yesterday I installed OpenSuse with the KDE desktop and I must say, I was surprised with the huge amount of customization options. But also with how needlessly difficult it is to make even the simplest of changes. After about an hour I decided to switch to Gnome...

Zorin and KDE? I don't think it's a good fit at all. It would drain resources from other areas of development, and it would confuse beginners with yet another choice to install, and that is difficult to navigate and make sense of.

Zorin 17 I should to see people choice Zorin 17 and stop distrohopping. So it must be better from another distributions or have something to catch more ppl in the net like a fish.

1 Like

I would appreciate it if ZorinOS 17 could be installed on Apple hardware.

I also like the idea of becoming independent from Canonical. LinuxMint did it and developed a Debian Edition.

It must be possible in the Software Center to decide from which sources software is to be installed (snapt, flatpak, etc.).
This is a key reason for me to choose ZorinOS over Ubuntu.

3 Likes

This is possible. You must look on the headerbar - upper right side. When you select a package, a button will appear there for the Source.
ZorinGroup added this feature with the release of Zorin OS 16.

Yes, I know. And I hope this will be also possible in ZorinOS 17!

I mean Apple Macs with Intel Chips.

ZorinOS?

You might try using rEFInd to install on Mac
https://www.rodsbooks.com/refind/

OK, I will try it as soon as my friend entrust me her MacMini.
It would certainly suit her if ZorinOS is running, because I have already replaced Windows with ZorinOS on her laptop on her behalf. Then I don't have to use Linux Mint for the 8-year-old MacMini as I thought.

I waiting for Zorin 17 the same like next years merry christmas and Santa Claus when you wishpering a wish for suprise.

Zorin 17 propably will be huge suprise with newest software and kernel. :slight_smile: also more desktop enviroments.

It will be great with more layouts.

It will be nice in Zorin 17 if it exist most popular software what people using on any device.

Komorebi is a memory hog. I think either Storm or Bourne gave a better way of doing it in Tutorials section.

Zram it could be nice it is exist in two distributions.