Wi-Fi not showing up at all

Nope haven't tried it yet as my laptop doesn't have a CD drive ... so I have an ol' Acer that needs using but hasn't been use in almost a year so I have to do some work on getting it ready to use ...

Right now I'm on XFCE and for some reason my task bar is gone so I've been working on that this morning ... gonna make a different post for that .... I learned my lesson about posting more than one subject in a post at a time as a bunch of questions I asked I can't find answers to as they are all jumbled up .... :sob:

I'll get back with you once I get the drivers for the dongle ....

1 Like

Just an FYI for folks out there. You can still buy external optical drives online for only like 20 bucks or so. Since my new notebook didn't come with an optical drive, as none of them do these days, I bought an external one for it, just incase i want to load up any of my old software on disk.

3 Likes

Yessss!

3 Likes

Well, my network card works! I still have Win10 on my laptop for emergencies and the Wi-Fi works perfectly there, so it's just a problem on Zorin.

2 Likes

I went to a trip for 3 days before all of this happened, so I have no clue what I did, the only thing that I can remember is that I was on class. : P

3 Likes

It could be a regression of the new kernel.
If you have not tried yet, you could try booting from the previous kernel to see if it helps.

2 Likes

Well um... Something happened and umm...
Let me just open a new topic about this. XD

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.