Windows 11 Dual Boot Possible?

As of 8/28 :
"The company told us it won’t actually block you from installing Windows 11 on a PC with an older CPU, so long as you download and manually install an ISO file all by yourself. But it turns out even that technicality has a technicality. Microsoft is now threatening to withhold Windows Updates from your copy of Windows 11 — potentially even security updates — if you take that route. "

Most likely they won't

That's why I wrote we'll find out at the last minute.

[quote="Michel, post:25, topic:7698"]
So i don't know why MS should support/patch it.
[/quote] Those patches from the various oems have to be approved, uploaded, and delivered via Windows update an many cases. On the Linux we received firmware updates for intel an amd processors.

Acer fixed the leak with a bios update for my machine

Looks like my hardware should be more than capable to dual boot Win 11. Thanks for the input.

Dual booting with Win 11 is no problem at all. I am using different drives for each OS.

Well i am windows free, deleted windows 10 partition a few days ago. Using linux for 2 months now and didnt boot into 10 much.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Dualboot Windows 11 and Zorin

A post was merged into an existing topic: Dualboot Windows 11 and Zorin

My dual drive dual boot is working fine with Win 11. I don't know why people are replying to a solved thread?????

I split the thread for those who are still having a issue with Win11 dual-boot.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.