Wine won't work

For some reason, when clicking on, or attempting to start in any way, most of the Wine-related applications, nothing happens. The sole exception is PlayOnLinux, which is a chore to use, due to having to search for the relevant folder, and manually transfer work there.

Can someone please help me restore Wine functionality? I run the most recent version of Zorin.

1 Like

Same for me, I need to know how to use Wine to be able to play games that I used on Windows. But it would be useful if after installing an .exe Wine adapt it to Zorin automatically, or even add it to Wine control panel and after starting the .exe it's done, it's not easy for noobs :face_with_spiral_eyes:

You may also like to try Bottles and Phoenicis PlayOnLinux (on Software Center, search them or just type windows), maybe they are more intuitive, and Bottles looks having predefined profiles, useful for beginners.

Wine can only run simple programs like notepad or file transfer software. Running some .exe files of heavy application/games like Valorant or anything will not work. You need to go for their linux versions if available.

1 Like

Try Lutris and use a cutom proton build. Try to read my tutorial here

1 Like

wine in steam and lutris with enable proton is very very good for games, u may run windows games on them like windows , and may be better than. so wine is very good project on that.
wine for running application exe, still poor, and i don't recommend it for that, may be good for old .exe apps( apps ofwindows xp) only

1 Like

@Zorin_N00B Did you install directx, vredist and so on ? Games do need those. Also read my tutorial to get games working. It is very well detailed here

1 Like

Het Michel, you are back? Or is this another Michel?

1 Like

The same person…yeah i am back :sweat_smile:.

Was een tijdje van de forum af i.v.m. Nieuwe baan, bezig thuis, windows 11 even kort getest enz enz enz.

Fijn dat je er weer bent

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.