Would you like zorin as daily driver and why?

I like to keep things at place,organised so that they look pleasing to the eyes.

But I don't know why I just cannot do it, executing that is so hard, things will be at place till day 2 then my things go wild and get misplaced most of the time.

I see you are liked a Star Wars. :grinning: I saw some webside with computers room design.
https://www.instagram.com/gamingroombuilds/
So in this room you have a warm place.

1 Like

Your wish is my command!

(4K 16/10)

(1080P 16/9)

(1680*1050 16/10)

(720P 16/9)

1 Like

Ohhh.. man that's freaking beautiful.
Who says nature is beautiful look at these systems!!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I am in love with them,I want a system like that !!

1 Like

Thanks a lot dude.... I love beautiful wallpaper and beautiful setups I always wanted a backlighting system,good looking keyboard,etc.

Thanks a lot :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I am glad you like, would you like something more delicious for me to share with you before I head off to bed to also make you happy? First, install the resolution of wallpaper you require for your screen, thats why I posted many of them, pick the best one that suits your screens resolution.

Once you have done that, I shall grant you another wish, please head over to my tutorial at the link bellow, and install my Star Labs theme, it will also make you happy, they go well together.

Follow my instructions on that page to the letter, and you should be good to go.

And thank you Bourne, it is a warm space, especially with the heat that comes out of my MSI computer :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks Ayush :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Well, thank you I tried installing it but didn't install since the repository was missing or something but I will try it once

Sometimes I organise things too much and I cannot find them the next day :sweat_smile:

1 Like

the star labs theme isn't working, the terminal shows this
"The repository 'Index of /webupd8team/sublime-text-3/ubuntu focal Release' does not have a Release file."
please help

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Mint uses ubuntu base. Theming wise, coming from windows 10 in my opinion it looks good. But compared to Zorin it looks dull in colors.

Good thing is that there are external themes that can make it looks beautiful.

Here's my current mint desktop, using Orchis GTK, Papirus-Dark & Quicksand font.

Orchis GTK came with a yellow notification color however, had to edit alittle CSS manually to make it purple like my theme.

In zorin I can easily keep different colours of each file/folder, one of the features I love since it is easy to locate folders.

2 Likes

@StarTreker and also another people gived on this forum a life.
I appreciate fast answearing on this forum.
You all doing great jobb. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :muscle: :hugs:

4 Likes

Haa, these people should be thanked

Thanks a lot !!

2 Likes

Yes.. No.. Maybe.. I don't know..

I just came around Zorin 2 days ago on the quest for a bright looking and easy to use Linux. Most easy to use Linux distros are either looking old fashioned or dark and dull.

I mostly use Mint at this moment and just tried Zorin and was surprised how it looks and feels. Bright, modern and easy to use. I can imagine to use it as Daily system.

Something i noticed, there is no splash boot screen.

1 Like

Hi there, traveler! Welcome! :slight_smile:

I have a glowing "Z" on my dark screen soon after booting. Do you have that one there? Or that is not a boot splash screen, you are referring to. :smiley:

Hmm i don't have a glowing "Z". It just stays black after the POST-Message until the mouse appears.

Ok, that is definitely missing for you then, is this a live system? Cause I don't recall boot screen on the live session I used only after installing.

But I'll let the other, more experienced helpers here take over, like @Aravisian, @StarTreker, @FrenchPress. :slight_smile:

Before I changed my system theme, I saw the Zorin Boot splash, it was located at the bottom of the screen, and it was small, and the logo would pulsate in animation.

Some can see the boot splash animation, some don't, it depends on a persons computer I suppose.

For the record, when I changed my theme system wide, it got rid of the Zorin boot splash, and changed it to a straight and blue colored bar that I could see momentarily until its booted to the login screen.

Other's have expressed wanting to see the Zorin boot splash if they weren't able to before, none of us have really found a way to make them able to actually see it. We don't really know what the cause of not seeing it is, unless its simply hardware related.

Aravisian brought up the fact that possibly if your computer is a super fast machine, it might be booting into the OS far too fast for you to see the boot splash. It is true that my machine that has Zorin OS 16 PRO on it, is an old machine, and thereby slow, so maybe his idea is correct.

Either way, boot splash logo's are really not the most important part of an OS. The most important job that an OS has, is providing you the ability to use your computer, to provide you the tools, to get things done.

If Zorin OS can do that, you have a solid OS my friend, congratulations, there's your winner winner chicken dinner.

2 Likes

Well there is difference between a student using zorin as daily driver and a normal or pro user using zorin as daily driver.

I don't know but I guess linux and windows dual boot would be the better idea.