Zorin 16 Pro

Hi @Frog!

To check if you're running Zorin OS 16 Pro please open the Zorin menu and go to System Tools > Zorin Appearance > Layout. If there are 8 layouts available this means that you have the Pro edition.

You should also notice many more creativity and productivity apps, especially in the Graphics, Sound & Video, and Office categories of the Zorin menu. If you are missing the creativity and productivity software bundled with Pro, you may have selected the "Minimal Install" option during the installation.

5 Likes

As this is an issue that comes up in regards to telling between Zorin OS Core and Zorin OS Lite, perhaps in future the lsb_release can reflect these versions?

2 Likes

WOW ... thanks folks for all the quick replies ... I did check out what you suggested and I am running Pro full install ... and yea ... I probably didn't need to reinstall but it gave me some good practice ... LOL ... now to start customizing it to fit my needs

One thing I noticed is that my gaming mice don't seem to work to well with Linux ... I emailed the manufacture and sure enough they said on works on Win and Mac not on Linux ... so now looking for a new gaming cordless gaming mouse ... I can limp along with what I got but going up to left hand corner to click on return is a pain ... LOL

I have a thousand questions but i just have to eat this elephant one bit at a time ... again thanks for all the replies ... and like Arnie says "I'll be back" ... LOL

1 Like

IMG-2541
IMG-2564

4 Likes

Thank you sir but I'm looking for a cordless ... as I am running an Asus ROG 17in gaming laptop and I don't have any room to spare on my itty-bitty table ... LOL ... I have ordered one as it is advertised as supporting all OS's but won't know until I get it for sure ... yup you guessed it coming from China ... if this one don't work I may have to look at a corded and attach an extension to my table ... thanks

1 Like

Please post the link to it, because I want to have a look at it, and then I want to look it up on Youtube to have an even greater look at it, cause thats the way I role. Also, if this doesn't work, I have more advice for you, since you want to go cordless.

The Logitech MX Master 3 Wireless mouse, has been confirmed by me, to work on Zorin OS as well, utilizing the dongle that it comes with in a USB port. You can see my post about it at my thread, I Bought Zorin OS 16

FYI, if the cost is too high, its the newest model thats why. So, you can still get the original Logitech MX master, and it should work as well, the whole entire Master series should work, as long as they come with the Logi dongles, and I know for a fact they do.

1 Like

Corded is better. No batteries, no latency in transmission/receiving signal, no interference, more responsive... it's not like a controller that you can take across the room... you still need keyboard to move, reload and such. Just saying.

4 Likes

This is my opinion as well, and why I use a corded mouse for gaming. Truth is, my pictures said it all when I posted them by themselves with no text in the message box.

2 Likes

Logitech has the best keyboard and mouse in my opinion :sunglasses:. Nice on @StarTreker

2 Likes

Thats exactly why i switched back to cord. Sometimes i forgot to recharge..turned on the pc damn no batteries. Took hours before i could use the pc. Also i had a mouse that had latency. Logitech mouse died so (wireless after 10 years) i tried one from trust....what a difference and laggy mouse.

Now i have a gaming mouse from trust amd that one is working great (just wanted to test a other brand other than Logitech)

1 Like

Regarding the Logitech brand, I wish more people got onboard with Logitech HD webcams. You know how many people use those garbage built in notebook webcam's for Zoom? Even my fancy high end MSI computer, that should have a 4K webcam in it for the price, has the same garbage branded Acer 720P camera that all notebooks have.

Welcome everyone to the future of HD webcam streaming. If your a streamer or a zoomer, this is what you should be using. Please for the love of everything that is holy, don't make me go through your built in garbage notebook webcam ever again.

I also hate hearing the boooomy sounding key hitting because of the built in notebook mic too, get an external mic, or use a headset!

3 Likes

I like my built in camera for zoom.. it's convenient. I wouldn't do progressions online streams with it.... but for meetings, school... don't need much else.

1 Like

As long as there are cats to be seen at your meetings, it will be redeaming. If its for school, once again we need cats to check the answers on your tests. If the cats yell out a hiss, that means somebody was cheating! If a cat shakes their head no, that means your getting an F. If the cat shakes their head up and down, your going to pass with a D, C or B. IF the cat starts leaping from desk to desk in uncontrollable excitement, your getting an A.

3 Likes

OK ... looks like I gonna try my corded mouse again I have a A4TECH Bloody T5A ... as you guys seem to recommend a corded brand ... will try and find some pictures of the cordless mouse but right now I have a full plate ...

Seems I tried to download XDM to my Zorin and really screwed things up ... my Internet keeps kicking out didn't do it before I tried to install XDM ... now I can't find out how to uninstall it ... tried some steps online using the terminal but they didn't work ... so for the time being I'm back on Doze ...

Sorry for the time delay in replying to all the posts but I am living in Southeast Asia now so the time differences vary depending on where you live ...

OK back at it with my XDM problem ... I downloaded the 2020 version from their website ... I'm using Vivaldi browser and read somewhere that you have to set up a proxy config to make it work ... which I didn't do so maybe that is the problem ...

Thanks a lot for your help and everyone else's also ...

1 Like

Xtreme Download manager?
Given your location, I can see the benefit of a download manager, but Caution is advised. XDM creates issues and...
Combined with Vivladi definitely compounds it.

2 Likes

Thanks what Download Manager do you recommend for Zorin ... I have used the paid version of IDM for years but I know it can't be used on Linux ...

I'm looking for something that places my downloads weather it be videos ... pictures ... documents or other downloads into separate folders so I don't have to hunt them all up and do it manually ...

I have used download manager uget but after a while (maybe since the beginning of Covid's pandemic) became unable and useless (in my opinion) then I deleted it. Now I don't use any download manager (only using the download manager from the default browser).

1 Like

For the reason given, I still don't understand the need for a download manager. Both Chrome and Firefox provide an area in settings to set it what folder you want all your downloads to go in. There is no need for a download manager in that respect.

3 Likes

Maybe download managers are useful for videos from YouTube Twitter, Instagram, Tiktok and others. I think Linux doesn't need download manager on Linux (my opinion). I use IDM in Windows.

1 Like

Correct Der_Panzer!

And a lot of people unfortunately don't know, that download managers, are known to cause file corruption in downloaded ISO's! So there is most certainly a reason to not use them if can be avoided.

1 Like