Zorin 16 Pro

I bought the Pro version after installing Zorin 16 and I have installed it twice ... it keeps listing itself as Zorin 16 and not as Pro ... how can I tell if Pro is in fact running on my system ... the file I flashed to my thumb drive did say Zorin 16 Pro ... but I can't see any difference between the two OS's ...

Thanks in advance ... new Linux user here ... so please keep it simple I gotta crawl before I can walk ... LOL

3 Likes

Pro comes with a lot more preinstalled applications as well as more layouts.
If you check your apps, do you have Barrier pre-installed? If yes, then you have Pro.
If you open Zorin Appearance > Layouts - Do you have MacOS style layouts? If yes, then you have Pro.

It really goes to show that Zorin OS does not Lock Functionality that you must Pay to Unlock. Zorin OS Pro supports development, allowing the developers to do this Full Time.

3 Likes

Thank you I will check it out ... hope i don't have to reinstall for a 3rd time ...

2 Likes

You didn't have to do it the second time haha. I don't think the pro version will show in the info anywhere as "pro", it's just core with extra things. Core does also not say anywhere it's the core version.

2 Likes

Just to make sure,

2021-10-05_12-26

1 Like

@Aravisian @StarTreker can you check this please ?

1 Like

I dont do tech support anymore, but I did check using same command.

Says same as yours

1 Like

I have in neofetch only Zorin OS 16 64 bit
I don't know why there isn't PRO
I heard and reading Core and Pro not to much diffrents about apperance,support and some software.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming, i understand the confusion. @zorink @AZorin maybe fix this for pro users ?

1 Like

Hi @Frog!

To check if you're running Zorin OS 16 Pro please open the Zorin menu and go to System Tools > Zorin Appearance > Layout. If there are 8 layouts available this means that you have the Pro edition.

You should also notice many more creativity and productivity apps, especially in the Graphics, Sound & Video, and Office categories of the Zorin menu. If you are missing the creativity and productivity software bundled with Pro, you may have selected the "Minimal Install" option during the installation.

5 Likes

As this is an issue that comes up in regards to telling between Zorin OS Core and Zorin OS Lite, perhaps in future the lsb_release can reflect these versions?

2 Likes

WOW ... thanks folks for all the quick replies ... I did check out what you suggested and I am running Pro full install ... and yea ... I probably didn't need to reinstall but it gave me some good practice ... LOL ... now to start customizing it to fit my needs

One thing I noticed is that my gaming mice don't seem to work to well with Linux ... I emailed the manufacture and sure enough they said on works on Win and Mac not on Linux ... so now looking for a new gaming cordless gaming mouse ... I can limp along with what I got but going up to left hand corner to click on return is a pain ... LOL

I have a thousand questions but i just have to eat this elephant one bit at a time ... again thanks for all the replies ... and like Arnie says "I'll be back" ... LOL

1 Like

IMG-2541
IMG-2564

4 Likes

Thank you sir but I'm looking for a cordless ... as I am running an Asus ROG 17in gaming laptop and I don't have any room to spare on my itty-bitty table ... LOL ... I have ordered one as it is advertised as supporting all OS's but won't know until I get it for sure ... yup you guessed it coming from China ... if this one don't work I may have to look at a corded and attach an extension to my table ... thanks

1 Like

Please post the link to it, because I want to have a look at it, and then I want to look it up on Youtube to have an even greater look at it, cause thats the way I role. Also, if this doesn't work, I have more advice for you, since you want to go cordless.

The Logitech MX Master 3 Wireless mouse, has been confirmed by me, to work on Zorin OS as well, utilizing the dongle that it comes with in a USB port. You can see my post about it at my thread, I Bought Zorin OS 16

FYI, if the cost is too high, its the newest model thats why. So, you can still get the original Logitech MX master, and it should work as well, the whole entire Master series should work, as long as they come with the Logi dongles, and I know for a fact they do.

1 Like

Corded is better. No batteries, no latency in transmission/receiving signal, no interference, more responsive... it's not like a controller that you can take across the room... you still need keyboard to move, reload and such. Just saying.

4 Likes

This is my opinion as well, and why I use a corded mouse for gaming. Truth is, my pictures said it all when I posted them by themselves with no text in the message box.

2 Likes

Logitech has the best keyboard and mouse in my opinion :sunglasses:. Nice on @StarTreker

2 Likes

Thats exactly why i switched back to cord. Sometimes i forgot to recharge..turned on the pc damn no batteries. Took hours before i could use the pc. Also i had a mouse that had latency. Logitech mouse died so (wireless after 10 years) i tried one from trust....what a difference and laggy mouse.

Now i have a gaming mouse from trust amd that one is working great (just wanted to test a other brand other than Logitech)

1 Like

Regarding the Logitech brand, I wish more people got onboard with Logitech HD webcams. You know how many people use those garbage built in notebook webcam's for Zoom? Even my fancy high end MSI computer, that should have a 4K webcam in it for the price, has the same garbage branded Acer 720P camera that all notebooks have.

Welcome everyone to the future of HD webcam streaming. If your a streamer or a zoomer, this is what you should be using. Please for the love of everything that is holy, don't make me go through your built in garbage notebook webcam ever again.

I also hate hearing the boooomy sounding key hitting because of the built in notebook mic too, get an external mic, or use a headset!

3 Likes