Zorin Lite on Intel DQ67SW with 1024x768 max resolution

I am a complete newbie to linux but want to move away from windows due to the complete rip off with the new windows 11 system requirements. I was hoping to get ahead of the game. I installed Zorin 15.3 Lite on an Intel DQ67SW with a I5 2500t and onboard graphics but cannot change the resolution from 1024 x 768. i have gone through the forum but cannot find any solutions. many thanks

Menu > Settings > Display

1 Like

thanks for the reply. I have accessed the display settings but only have 1024x768 and 800x600 to choose from. I am having the same issue with Zorin full on another pc with onboard graphics aswell. I was really hoping it would be a little easier than this to at least get going. I have run the software updater and changed servers to uk but updates change nothing with regard to these resolution issues.
cheers

Can you please open a terminal with the keyboard shortcut ctrl+alt+t
Paste this into it and they relay the results here:

sudo lshw -c video

thanks for the reply. screenshot attached as per request.

cheesr

Hmmm... Standard Intel. Interesting... It should show your available resolutions, no problem.
You can substitute the resolution in the command below with the Proper Ratio you wish to use; or relay what resolution you are hoping for:
Create the resolution mode:

xrandr --newmode  "1920x1080_60.00"  173.00  1920 2048 2248 2576  1080 1083 1088 1120 -hsync +vsync

Add it:

xrandr --addmode DP-1 "1920x1080_60.00"

Open Display settings and ensure the resolution you need is there.
I need to drive my son in to work, so will be gone for about an hour or so.

1 Like

I'm also using Zorin Lite. I see a lot of resolution list. Try if this post can help you. [SOLVED] Help! Resolution is stuck too low! I can’t really see what’s happening!

1 Like

Problem seems to be related to the Aten KVM I am using to try out Zorin Lite . Resolution options are there in full version of Zorin but I wanted to try the Lite version as I have a couple of ancient G31M chipset boards with max ram of 4GB that cannot cope with several open tabs in a browser on windows 10 even with a ssd installed. To be honest I expected Zorin full to be quicker when surfing and general use that it has been so far.
Thanks for the help and replies.

I do not suppose there is a way to overcome the Aten KVM issue.

cheers

Please note, it is usually reccommended to set servers to "Main Server" not uk country server.

Can you try:
virt-manager > VM settings > Video tab > Change to "Virtio" > Restart VM.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.