Zorin menu won't open with right super, left super is not an option

Hello everyone

I'm fairly new to Linux and I've taken a leap of faith this week by buying Zorin 16 Pro and installed it on my computer. Almost everything seems to be working really well.
But, I have 1 annoying problem trying to open the Zorin menu with the 'Right Super' key, it just won't open...

Adding some context: I have a Steelseries g6v2 keyboard, this keyboard only has 1 Super Key (1 on the right) and the one on the left has been replaced with the Steelseries logo and acts as a 'Fn key'.
When I press the Left Super or Right Super, nothing happens.

The only way I've been able to make the Zorin menu popup when pressing the Right super is by doing this:
1: Under Zorin Appearance -> Interface -> Left Super Key => Set it to 'Zorin menu'
2. Install Gnome Tweaks -> Open Tweaks -> Keyboard & mouse -> Change 'overview shortcut' from 'Left Super' to 'Right Super'.

=> This fixes the issue (the Right Super opens the Zorin menu, as I wanted), BUT everytime I restart my computer or if I lock my computer and log back in, the Gnome tweak setting I adjusted, has been reset.

Some extra info: I've tried an old keyboard that has 2 actual Super keys. The problem doesn't present itself here (Left Super works for opening the Zorin menu).

So the question is, how would I persist the changed gnome tweak setting so it doesn't get overridden everytime I login to my computer.

Kind regards
Thomas

Hi @mwthomas, welcome to the forum.

Sometimes shutting down doesn't save your session information (settings, background changes, custom keyboard shortcuts). Try setting things the way you want and logging out. Then log in and restart. Let me know if this helps.

1 Like

Sadly, this does not solve the problem. After making the changes, logging out and logging back in the 'change overview shortcut' tweak has flipped again from Right to Left Super. Restarting also made no difference.

1 Like