Zorin. my new distro!

WOW WOW WOW, hold the phone, you are running kernel 5.14, and your system hasn't folded like a tin can? Impressive, most impressive.

I like your resolve so far! Now the question is, what will you do next? Upgrade to Gnome 40? I suggest you don't, for your system will surely break, and there will be no escape for you this time. lol

Have you sent Windows through the garbage shmashers where it belongs? HEHE I say Windows smells like dead fish on a city bus, so it belongs down there.

Alright, thanks for sharing, can't wait to see what you do next! Begin the theming sir Mark. I bet you already got Gnome Tweaks locked and loaded ready to tweak the garbage out of Gnome, and bring the eye candy in. HEHE

I run Kernel 5.14 too.

Probably will go with 5.15 tonight :slight_smile:

Hey,
Yeah , why not ? I always want to use latest from drivers, kernels etc. Bleeding edge life :slight_smile: That is the beauty of Linux. You can try and fail and learn on it.

Upgrade to Gnome 40 I don't want to do on Zorin, it is not just update.

Windows last time I used on my private lap 3 y ago. Only on business atm.
About theming, yes soon, but atm I am only playing game :slight_smile: and waiting to see what will hapenned with Zorin 16 lite :stuck_out_tongue:

How ?

1 Like

Either use it manually to download all needed things from Index of /~kernel-ppa/mainline

For 64 bit architecture, you should download these kind of files

linux-headers-VERSION-NUMBER_all.deb
linux-headers-VERSION-NUMBER_amd64.deb
linux-image-VERSION-NUMBER_amd64.deb
linux-modules-VERSION-NUMBER_amd64.deb

Now it’s time to install downloaded kernel. First do into the directory where you’ve downloaded kernel and enter following command. Make sure there isn’t any other “.deb” file in that directory other than downloaded kernel files.

sudo dpkg -i *.deb

or follow this : [HOW TO] Easily install the latest available Kernel When you have Net Connection

You ask me every Time :neutral_face:
You even sent me a PM about it.

1 Like

Yes i know, but after each kernel upgrade higher then 5.11 you get a error message about libc6 requirements

Just ignore it :slight_smile:

Then the install fails

1 Like

Hm..please open new thread and show us step by step what you did and share screenshoots from terminal about errors

Correct- you cannot ignore it because only some of the kernel will install, not the headers.
Michel, if you recall, I compiled a corrected 5.14 linux-headers that has the correct compiler dependency. I dole it out at great need, only.

2 Likes

I am running 5.11.38 on Zorin OS, and I am running 5.13 on POP OS, posting my screenfetches!

Zorin OS 16 PRO (Focal)
Zorin OS 16 PRO Screenfetch Kernel 5.11.38

POP OS 21.04 (Hirsute)

1 Like

@marko94, i know how to flash a kernel from the ubuntu repo. I dont need to open a new threat for something like that. It is impossible to flash it because ubuntu locked those kernels for newer releases.

@Aravisian, yeah i thought so. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

No say it like you mean it, like Kirk did when he said Kahn.

Ubuuuuuunnnnnttttttuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

1 Like

Whether Ubuntu locked it deliberately or not is unknown. It is a clear bug and has been reported as such.
It also would be a very easy Fix but Ubuntu never bothered.
So if they did not do it on purpose and chose to not fix it out of apathy - then it is just incompetence.

If they did it deliberately in order to push everyone onto a higher Ubuntu version than 20.04, then it is just malice.

2 Likes

And if its proven that its malice, they should lose their GNU licence for pulling Microsoft level stunts. And if its incompetence, then they should receive negative reviews explaining of such, and tell people to move away from Ubuntu.

*snort

This was quotable material...

:crazy_face:

(Oh God... I can't stop laughing...)

1 Like

I know the feeling, it goes a little something like this...

1 Like

Guys, this is feedback thread :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like