Zorin os 16.3 lite not showing wireless internet and icon, just showing Ethernet

When it gives this message, it states what the name of the package is that it could not locate.
Including that can be helpful.

Try:

sudo apt install bcmwl-kernel-source

Ok it seems to be installing

I tried that other command and it worked now it’s installing

Ok I did this and it installed now what

Also I can do this but idk how to properly set everything up I got bssid and ssid but I don’t know what to enter for the device and so on and how to make it actually work

Everything there looks fine. You do not need to fill in all fields.
Can you right click on your panel (taskbar) and under Panel slide over to Panel Preferences. Move to the Items tab.
Click Add.
Select Status Notifier Plugin and add it to the panel.

If you want to keep it, you can position it where you want on the panel with the up and down arrow icons on the right side.
Now, you should see a Network Manager Icon on the panel.
Left click that Network icon and look for your WiFi Listed under Wifi Networks. If it is present, click on it to connect to it.

I have 2 of those icons now I’m connected to Ethernet but it shows this

Let's try a simple reboot...

I’m restarting it

1 Like

I had one of those monitor icons but now I have 2

Still the same

You can use the same steps to remove the extra from the Items tab in Panel Preferences.
Sorry about that - I was not sure if you had that plugin so walked through the steps of adding it.
Can you run

sudo modprobe wl

to see if the module prober activates the Broadcom wireless.

No problem

I entered it, it asked for my password and I entered that and then it did nothing

If it was meant to be wi then it says module wi not found in directory

Yes, it is wl

Hmm...
@PlumpKibbles has addressed this one before and I am not certain if the b43-fwcutter is needed. Maybe he can chime in when he logs in.
For now, let's try

sudo apt install firmware-b43-installer

1 Like

That’s installing right now

I’m gonna have to disconnect the Ethernet cable in a couple of minutes

1 Like

Ok it installed