Zorin OS 16 r3 and r4 incremental releases

Hum.
I do not get it. What do you mean by Chatroom?

1 Like

Forum posts can make a person stop and think about what they said. It can allow you to go up and edit a comment. This alone, makes it a better suited format to troubleshooting than a talk-in-realtime chatroom ever could be.
It does me a world of good, anyway. I must think carefully over everything I say on here...

I am certain you know what they are...

2 Likes

That Hippo is absolutely cuuute!

So if I understand it correctly, some forums do not keep their records as if it is a chatting session with a customer support?.

3 Likes

I agree, the Hippo is kawaii :hippopotamus:

2 Likes

There is no need for chatroom. Forum is enough.. but what @FrenchPress wanted to initiate , is something different :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@zorink Thank you for your explanation !

It is great to see you guys here. We like to read your posts :slight_smile:

Great to see that Xfce release is soon :slight_smile: can't wait

4 Likes

Thankyou @zorink for explaination of Z16 r4 revision and reason for it. I respect that you wished to wait until all mirrors were updated with r4 before your notification, but pleased that you have now made that notification.

You will see from the posts on the forum that comminication of such OS changes are considered important to the community in order to avoid speculation and confusion. I hope you will continue to do that.

3 Likes

Oops, I just made r3 installer :frowning:
I will wait for making an r4 installer for a few days to make sure that there will be no r5 on the horizon :rainbow:

1 Like

I have got the full set of downloaded Z16 Core .iso's and their SHA256's .....and counting.

Just waiting for r4 and its SHA256 from zorin.com source.

2 Likes

I must point out that getting in and fixing something or improving the .iso is pretty normal.
I cannot imagine a distro that doesn't do that.
This is also what newer versions of many packages are all about- patching this, fixing that, adding a new whatever...

1 Like

Making changes is fine and good. It is the lack of information and changelog that I find irritating.

2 Likes

With a bit of furor over Zorin OS 16 Core... With the pressure for Zorin OS 16 Lite... Some Forum changes and everything else... I think it is possible that the ZorinGroup are feeling a hot plate beneath their feet.
It's a fine line between appreciation for what they do, in combination of irritation at what they don't do, I think.

You are standing in a long line of people and I, for one, am right next to you.
It is not that it is irritating, as much to some of us - as much is it highlights questions of Trust.

Why not Pro ? xD

1 Like

Looking back. If I had released a new software version to clients without updating and sharing a formal changelog, I would have soon been out of the job.

2 Likes

It is a Pro version I am talking about.
I downloaded it from the link given in email from Zorins.

Since there is no name change for the Pro version for incremental releases, I have to use SHA256 to confirm its version.

1 Like

Oh sorry, I misunderstand you than, because you wrote r3.
I know that pro doesnt have any additional letters xD

So, anything new, better ? xD

1 Like

I think it only affects the new installation and make no difference to the pre-existing users.

2 Likes

Thanks,
Maybe I will switch to Zorin today :slight_smile: Got bored, and want to give them another chance. At least, brothers Zorin are active here xD That is what I want to see, their communication with the community. I think that is important also ( not just a quality of Zorin as a system)

2 Likes

You will test Pro r4?
Great!

2 Likes

Yeah, I hope it is uploaded :slight_smile: Downloading atm , will see.

Btw, forum informed me that I can send you personal message, because I replied you 3 times ( cool thing xD)

2 Likes