Zorin os boot loop

With regards to the checksum please read this.

Yes screenshots of your BIOS settings might be useful.

1 Like

The integrity of the zorin os file has been checked many times I've posted a foto about it.
Once Ill be home I will do a recheck.
At 14 pm European you will receive the screenshots

Facing the same issues on pro and lite versions, I’ve tried everything I think it has something to do with the specific version idk

Maybe this helps you.

1 Like

I've run into this issue before and finally resorted to burning the ISO onto a DVD and installing it from the DVD drive (internal or external USB). That has worked every single time. Its a bit more work but it does get the job done.

2 Likes

@Daccide @bollycanuk - how was Zorin installed, process by process?

Before booting the USB: did you reboot Windows or shutdown? If you've got Nvidia GPU, did you choose the 'Modern Nvidia driver support' option when booting the USB? Did you have internet / auto-updates going when installing? (have had lots of problems with running updates while installing - I keep those separate..)

If you're doing a dual-boot setup; did you disable 'Fast startup' within Windows?

If you can get to the 'Advanced options for Zorin' when booting at Grub, can you drop to a rescue shell; maybe with Ethernet if you're close enough to plug-in for networking and issue apt install --fix-broken? Then, apt update && apt upgrade to update / upgrade the packages - seems like a broken package while booting and panics out.. Could be wrong, too.

Been doing a bit more delving - does this even run in live mode? Found a couple of posts on different web platforms and this seems to be a recurring theme:

"In the grub menu press "e" and put noacpi at the end of the line that starts with "linux /boot/linuz"

[Sources:

Reddit - Dive into anything ]

I also found this interesting HP thread about HP All-in-One and member called Potta got Zorin installed:

Hey guys I will do a thing. I will register a video of the process and I will show it to you.
About the grub2 mod ventoy does have that option.
Doesn't do anything

The model of the computer is the same as mine. However once in a while the zorin loading bar doesn't show any errors and it says no error found

Hey I use the ethernet cable in my computer for max performance can that effect my install?

Using Ethernet isn't what I'm thinking might be the problem. Installing the OS while also installing updates as it's installing the OS is what I would see as possible issue. Just about every time I've installed any Ubuntu based OS and having updates install while OS is installing usually renders my system un-bootable.

That may or may not be part of the problem. If it is, you can boot to the rescue shell and remove any broken packages, update, and upgrade to fix the ones that were broken. You'll need Ethernet or a USB tether to do updates and all though.

1 Like

Does wsl impact the installation in any way?
Is there a method to install zorin in windows with a .exe tool like the windows upgrade notification from 10 to 11

WSL is Windows Subsystem for Linux - kind of like a shell within a shell. I had Kali WSL installed for a min on my Win install. It did work but, unless you have a beefy machine, it's gonna lag quite a bit..

As far as I know right now - there aren't any Zorin WSL's out.. yet. Not too sure if that might be an offering later or not; Zorin is more on the side of replacing Win than working with Win. hehehe..

That may be a thing later! Not sure - wasn't expecting to see Linux installable through the Win Store though! :wink: (until I did a few years ago)

But nothing beats a bare-metal install! (of any distribution!)

1 Like

Guys I tried another time. This time it was all different. Look this photo. Do you know what it means? Thanks a lot

As per this thread the current issue is due to the corrupted ISO file.

Few things to change before booting into the live USB:

• Secure boot & fastboot in BIOS : Disable both
  • Fast startup in your Windows : Disable it also

Agree with littlekun. That solved the problem here: End Kernel Panic - not syncing: no working init found. try passing init= option to kernel
BUT, earlier in the thread you confirmed BIOS secure boot was turned off.
Did you turn off fast-start in Windows?
What program did you use to create your ZorinOS boot USB? (I did see mention of Ventoy somewhere above, but please confirm)

Pre-installation advice can be found here: Before you install

I used ventoy. Now I'm wondering myself if I have to buy an harddrive for replacing the live boot. About that I think I disabled fast boot in windows.

Mine is in the same way in a big loop, if you can solve it let me know, I really need it...