Zorin OS Screenshot thread

Had to resize as it's 3 * (2560 x 1440), using spanned in Gnome tweaks to cover 3 QHD monitors

7 Likes

This reminds me of Japanese brush painting - it is so Zen!

3 Likes

I love the art of Japanese minimalism, I once rented an apartment in that style, and it was a great living environment.

The wallpaper is available here

If anyone knows of any websites with high-res photos that would be great, to cut and create wallpapers from.

2 Likes

I'll tell you this funny story.
American man decided to stay in a traditional Japanese inn. The manager welcomed him and said, "this is a typical Japanese style room". The American man replied, "but where is the furniture?"

Thanks! I bookmarked it.
Now I want to have a wide screen monotor.

4 Likes

I have been waiting to post a screenshot here for a long time, here is my Zorin desktop as it is today, with a message I added in GIMP.

4 Likes

That is almost default setup :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is default...

2 Likes

Which awfully looks like mine :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Mine looks like this, yeah very basic but still new to linux. The linux tutorials folder i place all the tutorials for installation i have done, manually install nvidia, removing dualboot option and my soundcard fix. So if i have to reinstall zorin i don't need to look on the net anymore, just grap the txt files and add them in the terminal :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hey Michel!

I think that is a very smart thing to do, just make sure those files are saved on an external drive, so that way if the internal drive takes a dump, you still got the files.

Also, I love the wallpaper background, it feels very tropical and quite warm. But if Gilligan shows up, I am going to say oh no, you get right back in the water along with your motley crew, yeah, we know all about you Gilligan lol.

:joy:

2 Likes

That exactly what I do!
In my case, I keep those files in a dedicated USB key (along with some drivers/driver installers) to avoid an accidental deletion.

I also wrote some tutorial in Zorin forum and during my previous installation of Zorin 16 Pro, I benefited from my own tutorial :smile:

3 Likes

I also save lists of common commands for myself and for forum users in my directory Documents for fast and easy reference.

1 Like

I understand exist some webside with more themes for Zorin?
gnome

3 Likes

LOL, he bears a striking resemblance to a oompa loompa.

2 Likes

Back on track:

2 Likes

Something tells me that you prefer an Ubuntu layout there Storm. I like your rounded icons! And I also like your wallpaper. Something tells me she likes flowers, if I bring her some, will she provide me free power from those wind turbines?

:stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Here's mine!
Themed after one of my favorites shows.
The theme is Zorin dark red, and red Oreo Cursor

I just wished i could change the Zorin logo on the menu. I'm open to sugestions :smiley:

3 Likes

And for some reason, looking at your wallpaper, immediately, makes me think of...........................

Where in the world is, Carmon Santiago?

Now I know why, I have a good memory. Holy sheeet, I surprise myself sometimes. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I may be old-style...

11 Likes

Oh my gosh, I freaking loved Windows XP, it was an awesome experience, especially after service pack 2 and 3! It ran so awesome on low end hardware too, I was able to install it on a PIII 530MHZ computer with 256MB of RAM and a 20GB HD.

Windows XP had awesome theming in it, before Microsoft decided to bring us back to a FLAT life of a whole lot of nothing. lol

3 Likes