ZOrin PRO 16 kernelpanic

image I just migrated to zonin from Linux Mint (migrated from Mac ) I just installed and started working on a new paper but this morning I get this screen.

What do I do?

2 Likes

You can resize a screenshot if needed. In "reply" on this discourse forum, you will see a toolbar at the top. This includes an Image Icon - clicking that allows uploading an image to the forum.

The google drive file you linked requires access to view.

1 Like

Thanks, trying to work form my iPad at the moment.

1 Like

Laptop keyboard isn’t working either.

Are you able to boot and load an instance of Zorin Live USB and run Try Zorin?

I can see the screenshot in the O.P. (Original Post) now.

This shows that the TPM setting in your EFI (BIOS) settings needs to be changed. Either to enabled or to disabled... whichever it is, make the opposite.
It should be under Security tab and is labelled either TPM or Intel Platform Trust Technology.

I get to the install or try zorin prompt

Should I press try or install?

I am sorry, I was taking that avenue in order to get you to a position of being able to diagnose the trouble. However, in the meantime, I scrolled up and saw that the screenshot was now visible in the O.P.
Which changes things a bit... For the moment, I do not believe we need to continue with the Live Zorin USB and instead:

"I can see the screenshot in the O.P. (Original Post) now.

This shows that the TPM setting in your EFI (BIOS) settings needs to be changed. Either to enabled or to disabled... whichever it is, make the opposite.
It should be under Security tab and is labelled either TPM or Intel Platform Trust Technology."

1 Like

That is an awesome desktop setup.
I admit, I am not sure how to operate the EFI settings in a Mac...

I got in the usb test. But I can’t find the tpm, I have a thinkpad x220 and I can’t find it in the bios

1 Like

I am searching for info...

My thinkpad bios, and my boot menu windows works fine but I prefer not to use it.! Everything worked fine last night.
image image

1 Like

Ah, you have it up just fine.
I understand your hesitance, but that Kernel panic is not one to be denied.

Are you dual-boot?
If not, there is no harm in checking TPM. If you can bump over to that security tab and take a look to see if it is enabled or disabled.

Third one down- Security chip - that should be TPM

1 Like

Ok... It is disabled.

Above, you displayed a kernel panic due to that TPM chip failing to communicate. I understand your hesitance at enabling it... But I know of no other way to address the kernel panic and it seems it took the system some time to check in on it.

I recommend enabling the chip, then booting Zorin to test what happens. It won't self-destruct... it may solve the kernel panic. Worst case scenario is we disable tpm again and try to find some other solution.

1 Like

When I activate I get these options

1 Like