Zorin Root space is insufficient

Well i am pretty new to linux as well @Aravisian can guide you with this.

@Aravisian, i think he got the same issue as some other users if he did a kernel upgrade.

If I get freeze after typing password what is the problem?

Honestly... Matrex, I believe you should reinstall Zorin OS. Something has clearly gone wrong.
If you have a 50 gig space reserved for Root and it is filled; This should not happen. That combined with other issues suggests a corrupted or broken download.
I would go right back to the beginning:
Download Zorin OS:
https://zorin.com/os/download/16/core/

Check the 256SHA

Burn to your USB using either Rufus, Balena Etcher or Unetbootin.

Then boot into the USB and install.

1 Like

I install second time and my root file stand a 90GB but I have prepare 100GB for root file what is the bugs that happening to this I think this is the issue so that after reboot it freeze and my I cannot use anything. I have redownload and use it.

1 Like

So, the first time, you set the Root Partition at 50gigs and it nearly filled it... You reinstalled and set the Root directory to 100gigs and it filled 90 gigs of it?

1 Like

Definitely sounds like things are being installed that shouldn't be. Even logging every boot and application running shouldn't take more than a few hundred megabytes after a six month run.... and it's designed to reuse log files after a certain amount of time. It's like the installation is creating multiple copies of everything to fill the drive.

2 Likes

Yeah, this one makes no sense to me. At all. I have never even heard of this happening before.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.