ZorinOS 15.3 close the lid issue

What is the terminal output of uname -r ?

I try pm-hibernate and need to shutdown
This is what show

Sorry this phot not very good

uname -r
5.11.0-34-generic

For that to work, you must set up Hibernate and create a swap partition. But do you believe this is related to your system Freezing when you suspend?

I really dont know, i search from some foruns, and they say that about swap.

But why this only happens in ubuntu or zorin, i test in pop-os, they freeze when gamming (probably nvidia drivers) but pop_os can kill the program without need to shutdow (hardpoweroff).

I dont understand why linux doesn't came with this "default".

I can resinstall Zorin (again :smiley: ) and try to create this to test, but only need to create swap?

Let's focus on this, first. I do not believe that Swap is related to your problem. But we can explore creating a Swap Partition and setting up Hibernate if you want it, in a new thread.
For this one, please review here:

Please follow the steps outlined in that thread. There is a reasonable chance that the recent update with kernel 5.11.0-34 and your Nvidia are in conflict. This may have caused your current situation to revert, even as you had previously marked it as resolved.

Ok

I already boot into the recovery menu: Select the previous working 5.11.0-27 kernel Boot up Run software updater or run sudo apt dist-upgrade in terminal Once complete, reboot normally in the 5.11.0-34 kernel

Im lost know....do i run systemctl suspend or just close the lid? (remember that i have change the config to ignore)

Retrace your normal steps in order to try to replicate the issue.

Ok test systemctl suspend

They suspend and came back but no mouse...só freeze.

After wait the get this screen related to NVIDIA

1 Like

I am going to remove the "Solution" marking since the issue is not resolved...

Can you please review this thread?:

Yes

I see that maybe try to reinstall the drivers from packages and not from software updates.

"...The only solution that worked for me, was to install nvidia-driver-450-server driver, but not from “Software and Updates” GUI, but from terminal, like that:

sudo apt purge nvidia-*
sudo apt install nvidia-driver-450-server.."

Test this and still the same issue. :frowning:

Update

I forgot one thing that was change the /etc/systemd/logind.conf
And put the HandleLidSwitch=suspend

After that they suspend and come back with mouse. :slight_smile:

One thing that i notice is that F1 to F12 key buttons is disable, cant change volume bright etc...

any solutions?

Is suspend solved and this a new question?

Yes

I forgot to edit the /etc/systemd/logind.conf and change ignore to suspend.

I dont know why this keys stop working, maybe the change kernel?

EDIT:

If i use FN and F1 key they work....but normaly i dont need to do that for working.

1 Like

Update

FIx the suspend in normal use.

Test with steam and the suspend works at least not freeze, but the steam gaming break.

But at least i can suspend in normall work and if i gaming i cant kill the game without shutdown.

Thanks Aravisian for all the help

F1 switched to FN+F1?

No, the F1 to F12 only works with FN+F1

Can you remap the keys?

1 Like

I dont know how can i do that?

I was think if this was Change when i try, Change de kernell in that steps?