After installation nothing posts on screen when turned on

I am not sure of others we can try... may need to try some Internet searches. Currently, I need to go take care of other things and will be offline for a while.

Sure man thanks for the help

Hope this will help btw I can connect to the internet now using my phone and a usb connection

Question: Does it work if you boot into the LiveCD?

Also: If you have a Mobile phone that allows USB tethering, plug the phone into the computer via usb, enable tethering, reboot. and then try update / upgrade suggested by @Storm

1 Like

Let's try:
radeon.modeset=0
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash radeon.modeset=0"

Don't forget to run
sudo update-grub

No nothing screens dead and even other os does the same thing (pixelated screen from live boot) so if my gpus dead

Doesnt work :melting_face:

Try taking the card out, and putting it back in in case there's any oxidization in the contacts. And make sure all the wires are tight,

if that fails, are you comfortable with taking hardware apart? a radeon 5k is an older card and there is a good probability the thermal paste is shot, if you are up to it, take the card out, take it apart, clean the die with rubbing alcohol reapply a dap of new paste and reassemble and try again.

2 Likes

Maybe it's time to look at purchasing a newer video card. If the motherboard has integrated graphics, possibly leaving the video card out for now.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.