Awesome work with Zorin OS Forum

marko94 Kedric FrenchPress 337harvey zabadabadoo @Michel @StarTreker Storm Bourne tomscharbach @Alpha-Craft @100WCharge jgordon @swarfendor437 @carmar @JeffK969 @OMEM.TOTAL @Tink @Joe-S taha_mcp and a great many more.

From writing guides in the Tutorials section to jumping in to help solve problems and keep threads always aiming toward a better Zorin OS experience to even providing fresh air and life to the Zorin HelpDesk and Forum...

The biggest Thanks Possible.

Since the release of Zorin OS 16, there has been a lot of activity. From swashbuckling with Pirates to swashbuckling with Printers.
The members of this forum have really stepped up. Not only in helping create a friendly and helpful atmosphere but also to making this a place all members of the Linux Community can look to as a resource.
In acting as you do here, you not only help Zorin OS users, you help all distro users search out solutions.
This forum would have been overwhelmed with help requests had it not been for you.

While there are the usual trials and troubleshooting, I think we can all agree that the ZorinGroup went above and beyond turning Zorin OS 16 into a true representation of of what Zorin is as a distro. As such, thanks have been submitted and even a thread calling it "awesome work."

Now it is your turn. Thanks to all the members for Awesome Work with standing together, through different opinions, troubleshooting wifi, tackling testy installations and most importantly, being a diverse and helpful crowd.
This is a better place because of All Of You.

19 Likes

Awww, that is so nice of you Aravisian for providing thanks to all of us for our support to the wonderful folks who come here asking for help. You are not kidding about the uptick in support requests, we've all felt it. We have also felt a disturbance in the force, and thats the Linux kernel.

It gives me great satisfaction to help other's in need. I like to help make other people's lives a little better in any way that I can, especially during these rough times. And if helping them to solve their OS issues can do that, then I am all for it.

And thanks also goes to you @Aravisian, we have also seen you giving your all in here. You more then likely haven't been getting enough sleep either, but you stay up for hours, providing support, asking nothing in return.

And thanks to all the other's in here that have been named by Aravisian for providing your support as well. We all work together, to make Linux a far better place for new Zorin OS users.

When knowledge is shared, everyone benefits. :heart:

11 Likes

As a newcomer to the GNU/Linux world, I have to thank the great community of Zorin. Your help in navigating these unfamiliar waters (for me), has been invaluable, and all for the mere joy of helping a fellow man/woman.

Thanks for all your work, time and patience. It is much appreciated! This is what it feels good to be a part of! :+1:

5 Likes

Yes, thank you to all the contributors here on the forum.

I would also like to thank Zorin, Ubuntu/Debian and all people who have contributed to make it possible.

7 Likes

@Aravisian, Thanks for your nice message :). Don't forget to mention your self. Your one of the many people here that is working hard on the forum to help other users with issues/problems. I try to do my best here to give support to others, but still i am a newcomer to linux and i don't know everything. The zorin os forum is the friendliest forum i have every seen in the linux distro's. I have tried a few in the past, the forums i asked help for...well let's don't talk about that haha.

What i really love in this forum, fast replies and good help from users like @Aravisian, @StarTreker, @Storm, @FrenchPress, @337harvey and many more. Keep up the good work everyone!

7 Likes

Zorin was my first ever Linux distro that I used. I don't know if i would have stayed long in this Linux environment without the help of you guys in troubleshooting my issues. This is one of the most friendliest forums I have seen. I would like to thank you all for making me keep using this wonderful os. :heart:

8 Likes

Jeslin, you are so welcome, and I think you are cool too. But just one last thing, we didn't make you stay with Linux or Zorin OS. We mearly showed you the door, you were the one who walked through it. So high five. :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

5 Likes

It has been an awesome time being here to help people. I have been here for only 2-3 Months and I have learnt and helped many people. Even though I am not a professional at Linux, but I provide help to anyone having an issue that I have experienced before. This forum is committed to being children-friendly, and being a teenager, I have never seen anyone using any swear word or fighting badly. It feels very nice to help people and @Aravisian, @FrenchPress, @marko94, and everyone else who has helped me, a heartfelt thanks and gratitude to all of you. You all have helped me overcome any issue I had (And @Aravisian thank you so much for helping me in removing Manjaro from my bootloader. It took 2-3 days, just like Ubuntu, but it vanished somehow :smiley: ). I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart, and I would really love Zorin OS to flourish so much that it should make people forget everything about Windows. Everyone has been very friendly to me, and taught me many things I didn't know about Linux, and vice versa. Once again thank you very much.

(P.S. I have never seen such a forum with fast-responding, good natured and friendly people, ever! :wink: It feels as if I am speaking to my friends :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: )

7 Likes

Windows is the thing where their software ends up flying out of, as it flies like a frisby, and then lands in the neighbors lawn to get run overed by the lawn mower. Thats what you call sending out the garbage. And what should come in through the window dropped on down by the heavens? Zorin OS. Its all you need. HEHE

3 Likes

Due to this problem of Windows, it's going to go down soon and Linux (All distros) are going to rule.

4 Likes

HERE HERE I'll drink to that! :beer:

4 Likes

We should also thank the developers, due to whom we are able to access this forum and keep it neat and polished :wink: Thank you @AZorin and @zorink and the whole Zorin OS Group and developers for such an awesome Linux Distro and Forum :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I'm a follower... I'm led by others who have shown us all the way with leading by their examples. I wasn't BS'ing in my post " Special Thanks to Aravisian ". I have no heart, or feelings, so when I give compliments, it's true. Between @Swarfendor437 (Who in his own time created the "Zorin OS 12 Lite Unofficial Manual" which helped so many of us, and I personally still refer to as my Linux Bible. If not for that maybe I wouldn't have learned as much as I have, or even stuck with Linux after leaving M$. I still use as reference) and yourself @Aravisian. Yes, I could name several others, but with no disrespect to them, there are a few that I view at a higher level of deserved gratitude.

Looking forward to scientist taking some genes from you two to clone future people to teach, and help in the forums. It's all about the future, which looks very bright!

1 Like

Yes... yes... all according to plan...

Today, the forum.
Tomorrow, the world.

hahahhahhhh.... MUHhahahhahahahahahaha....
BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

6 Likes

LMAO... I always appreciate my 1st laugh of the day...

2 Likes

Their pinky and the brain, their pinky and the brain, one is a genius, and the other's insane. To prove their mousy worth, their overthrow the Earth. Their dinky, their pinky and the brain brain brain brain, brain brain brain brain.

NARF!!!!

SWARF!!!

4 Likes

I'll bring you another cup of espresso! :coffee:

3 Likes

FrenchPress, I swear for every cup of delicious coffee you bring me, something is glowing inside me, pretty sure its the caffene content. I swear I had a guy try coffee once, it was like practically pulling teeth to finally get him to try it. He said, "fine I will try your dirty water" Well, it was his first cup ever, hid body wasn't accustomed, he pulled an all nighter burning the midnight oil.

You are too kind FrenchPress...Thank you :blush: :coffee:

3 Likes

https://imgur.com/6nHb76Q.jpg

4 Likes

How did you come across Aravi's High School Yearbook to find that pic? LOL

1 Like