Back To WINDOWS!

I want try POP OS but i stuck on black screen.
All distribution black screen.

1 Like

I think you'd be better off to pose a question at Pop forum.
You would see way more Pop users there than here.

1 Like

I am tired with all this disasters distributrion with black screen. I stayed with Zorin 16 Pro. Probably I will go forward again with fresh installation Zorin 16 Pro. Why? Because before tried many solution what working and not working. Many trash them. Many type kernel there what I need off that.

1 Like

If you see much problems, the Quickest Solution is Clean Install <- our family Credo :wink:

1 Like

There are many reasons why a person may choose to use Windows and many reasons why they may choose to use Linux. Some choose to dual-boot and use both.
What matters most is what matters most to the user.

2 Likes

Bourne has been suffering an issue with several distro's, its not isolated to POP, its happened on Zorin OS as well. He's getting black screens, where he can't even get to the point of installing the OS.

I tried to help Bourne myself, but I am just completely clueless as to how to fix it. All possible solutions that I and other's have provided, have left no solution to fix the problem. Its gotten to the point now where my brain is off.

I am just too worn out, and I am also getting really sick and tired of the kernel related issues that are causing everybody issues. Endless, and I mean endless problems because of it.

We want users switching from Windows to Zorin OS to have a positive experience. But what is the first experience they see when they go to make the switch? Problems. Endless problems.

And the darn kernel is the cause of a good portion of that. But there is also another issue that were seeing, where drivers that should already be loaded in the kernel, are apparantly not there, or not working at all, and people's hardware is not functional.

So ya, my brain is like a server room that is burning down.

1 Like

The last thing he did not try was to install a server edition of Debian or Ubuntu then adding a desktop on it. It is not that too complex. Just a few command lines.

This should allow him to install OS even there is a GPU related problem.

@Bourne Look at FrenchPress post above, maybe it will work for you?

1 Like

Yes but i want stayed with kernel 5.11.034

I think you could:

https://ubuntu.com/download/server

or this:

https://ubuntu.com/download/alternative-downloads

:astonished:

2 Likes

11 posts were split to a new topic: Cable management

btw @StarTreker can you tell me how to download the latest version of kdenlive. I can only find older versions

1 Like

You mean newer than 21.08.1 in this page?

2 Likes

Ohhhhhh you FrenchPress lady you, you are loaded on caffeene, and you beat me to it posting the link. I am so tired. lol

2 Likes

Here, you need this:
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :cake:

2 Likes

oh i did not go to that page i just downloaded from software

2 Likes

Look before ask :wink:

Of course you can do the other way around.
It will gives us volunteers an opportunity to compete who can draw faster than the other :gun:

3 Likes

im thinking about continuing zorin os 16 and wait till ubuntu fixes the issue

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Cable management