Back To WINDOWS!

im thinking about continuing zorin os 16 and wait till ubuntu fixes the issue

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Cable management

You have a problem with Adobe premiere or also with bluetooth?
What you using bluetooth?
I using dualboot and this is fine.
What what Ivery like in linux Zorin distribution many software are free and usefull.

So if I re-install Zorin 16 Pro then I must out cable internet and in settings off updates in settings?

If i don't want newest experimental or something? I just want a stable.
Here why I wondering my Zorin is chaos.

I may be late for the initial post, but I have to say to @madhavan you don't need to choose 100% GNU/Linux or 100% Windows. Go for dual boot, both systems installed, then choose which one you want to launch every time you boot your PC.

If Zorin isn't working for you for some reason, try one of these:

If you have problems with bluetooth that might be related to Ubuntu, you should try distros not related to it.

To try to find alternatives to your usual software, you can try to look here: https://alternativeto.net/

This isn't part of the agreement already? I figured it was. What's your worst case scenario with a new permission like that?

You could manually block telemetry or use 3rd party software solutions to do the same. Maybe 3rd party firewall softwares can help. But, with each forced Windows update, they could just revert the settings or prevent the 3rd party software from doing its duties until next revision. It's a cat-and-mouse game. There are enterprise installations where IT departments will tailor the OS to fit their needs, but, most consumers aren't as tech saavy, so will be under the whims of M$ and its Windows OS.

Alternatively, switch OS entirely, or dual-boot on a as-needed basis.

1 Like

Zorin this distribution what Stealing my heart and soul. Found solution - today I will start fresh installation. Dualboot - games and testing on old W7. That help me clear and fast Zorin 16 Pro. I Could using live USB for testing. Anyone has another idea or solutions?

Artix Linux
Antix

Couple more for the list...
For Adobe S.W., Wine may help.
Bluetooth- try Blueman

1 Like

Bluetooth is Simple dongle compatibility with Zorin. Wine not specially working great, maybe windows support app?

2 Likes

Zorin Windows App Support is Wine.

1 Like

Not exactly. It is some emulator help, because .exe start from wine not working but win support app - when used working. It is possible learning Linux on distribution Zorin?

2 Likes

I saw the MX Linux info in DistroWatch (Debian (Stable), antiX).

The site isn't that reliable, in general or just this case?

[Edited]
Oh, I didn't see the development of antiX is still active. I thought it was discontinued. My bad.

1 Like

Dude, the minute I read from you that the website isn't that reliable, I begin thinking, if they can't maintain a reliable website, that how likely is it that they are going to maintain a reliable OS? "Logic"

1 Like

And also u can solve bluetooth issue ,
It's just a mistake coz most of pc built in keeping windows in mind ,
I faced bluetooth problem for a year but i found its solutions .

1 Like

adobe wont work but thats okay with me because i really liked the new version of kdenlive but bluetooth is connecting and then immedeately disconnecting. Thats the thing that really annoys me, It could also be an issue with the earphone. I tried claiming my warranty and they have accepted the claim so i will update on the topic

1 Like

thank you, But i prefer using linux only. Windows feels so laggy and bloated to me when i tried it after using linux for a month so i am gonna stay with linux itself

1 Like

I agree Windows is bloated, its filled with junk to mine your data and sell it to the highest bidder. None of it is for you, its for them, to use against you.

Cause with Windows, you don't pay to own Windows, you pay a license for right to use Windows.

4 Likes

When someone was using windows long time then in one day forward to using only linux is like a cut oxygen. I preffer a road to heaven learning linux and discovered him what eaten some hours with some problems or how things working.
One what I can sayed Zorin is faster and stable.

1 Like

Then people are like animals selling on market. Slave not free for using all this big boys. Bussines not make a money? If someone start love a money then the hands always are dirty and blood on hands.

1 Like