Cannot install Zorin 16 Pro

You are getting lots of practice with installation Zorin. I wonder if you have a future on the forum helping users with installation. :wink:

4 Likes

So right now I tried the nosgx grub fix and it still doesn't work...I don't see the bios sgx error ,but I can see the other ones after it ( check the screenshot I sended the first time)

On my old laptop I installed a lot of linux systems not on VM but directly on it, dual boot and single , now I m having dual boot with pure debian and windows 10 ... I got a lot of errors there but somehow I fixed everything .But the problem now is that I want to install zorin on my main pc .. and it doesn't work, we tried everything ,like literally everything

Because nosgx fixed that, 1 problem is gone now. Now we need to see how to get rid of the other one.

1 Like

I think if we will find the right grub commands everything will disappear and the screen willbe black , but nothing will happen ... ( I m not sure about this but I expect it...)

What error message do you have now ? Please post a screenshot

The same one but without the bios sgx disable line

That won't happen my boy/girl. Be optimistic.

Post a clear screenshot please

I guess the OP is talking about the second error.

1 Like

Yes exactly

Did you overclock the cpu ??? I checked the asus website for the cpu support, your processor is listed but as Core i7-11700KF 3.6GHz

No I didn't overclock

It is 3.60 i just wrote incorrectly

1 Like

It is 560 not 550

Add kernel parameter behind the nosgx

mce=nobootlog

I should add the nosgx too??

Yes, but from what i read on the internet you might have faulty hardware.

1 Like

I suspect that too and if you do, then your experience with zorin would not be very smooth even if you manage to install Zorin OS.

1 Like

It still doesn't work guys