Chat of piracy, hardware and Linux distros

@Bourne
Thanks for the good laugh :rofl:
We all need that at least once a day.

For anyone else, this video is a must-watch!

1 Like

LOL! thanks for the share haha.

Windows Gamers vs Linux Gamers - YouTube next a humor.
Linux Vs Windows [animation] - YouTube

all animation video you can put on another topic animation with linux.

http://linuxblog.darkduck.com/ this side i liked.

I notice these "Best Linux OS's for new users" articles always list the same Distro's over and over, of which are wildly dissimilar.

The needle is stuck in the groove.

Yes but I considered not focus on them. Stinky for me when I see not only linux but another some products top 10. The one what I considered the country what they lived they try sayed our product is best - really? In many channels,websides sometimes difficult find correct answear what is best with hype.
I wondering when I started with Zorin buying from version 7. Then i started interesting linux and many distribution linux.

1 Like

People like Spatry and Toss have both made video's on the positives and negatives of Windows VS Linux. Trouble is, there will always be a divide as long as Linux continues to have poor market share for the desktop OS.

Windows stays on top because of high market share and exclusivity. Linux is getting there, however slowly. If we can just get more users to switch over, that would help to improve things a great deal. Windows11 and all their high requirements and BS.

Thats what these video's don't show BTW, which dates them easily. There needs to be new video's made showing somebody trying to install Windows 11, but suddenly stopped from doing so because their computers don't meet the minimum spec.

Its in my opinion, stuff like that, which will bring more users over to Linux, and by doing so, hopefully eventually, increase market share on the desktop, increase interest, and get more developers coding software and games for Linux.

Also, the rainbow beeping in that one video was far too loud, like wtf? I enjoyed the other one where the robot died of a BSOD. I got another for you that happened in a real show that you will enjoy.

BSOD.....LOVE IT! That was great! :sweat_smile::laughing:

2 Likes

For me I understand we have a Zorin Core 16.
With here about piracy Pro this is something like going to shop and you buyed this because you needed or you want this.
Many people if know product is good they help them grow up like some startup this laptops frameworks https://frame.work/ or GroupZorin.
The same for me if something is good why not support good things?
Example some people buying only BMW and someone only Volvo.
Because for they perception this product is good and they paying for comfort and usable this product.
Piracy is popular but exist a people who can buying this product and want this product they don't will search this product on piracy websides.
In some countries you can selling in automat some empty a bottle plastic or glass and you get a money. There always is option. In Poland people go to forest to searching a mushrooms and selling them. I remember when I was a young children years was a popular to bicycle computer in summer for 2 weeks I was picking blueberries in the forest and sell them.
If some people are born where everyone and everywhere is stealing then some people have a nature behaviour to stealing. This is difficult to learning this people this is not good choice.

I totally understand what you are saying, sometimes people do what they do, because of where they grew up, its how they were razed, and all they know. Awww, you must have had a nice childhood. What a nice story, no wonder you grew up into the awesome person that you are today Bourne. :slightly_smiling_face:

I remember picking blackberries when I was a kid, trouble is, I ate more then I collected. Mom was like, your going to spoil your dinner. And I be like, but mom, I can't help it, these taste so good! lol :joy:

My parents learning me a hard working gived me fruits.
That why important a wisdom, listening another people. Don't be a rude and egoist. Share with good things this building trustly. If in company all people shoot to the same a goal. Then you don't need afraid about stealing,security and a cameras?

I would like to invite all forum members to visit this excellent posting written by @Aravisian and endorse it with :heart: to show our support.

More hearts will make this statement more powerful.

2 Likes

Well, I would have provided a reply to it as well, but the post was closed to replies. But truth is, anything I would have said, has already been said and viewed by Aravisian in the thread about piracy.

Having said that however, I have to include, I felt that Aravisian was being very nice the way that he worded it. I particularly liked the part where he said that we here cannot provide support for an unofficial piece of software.

Thats what I mean by him saying it nicely. Cause if it were me, my message wouldn't be so nice, as I'd be addressing the pirates with a firm attitude opening a can of whoop beep.

There are already two open threads discussing piracy.

The above Thread of Notice is a Notification of Forum members Stance on the topic and is closed because it is not up for debate.

1 Like

Thanks for making me notice the other piracy related thread.
I made myself an exception and cross-posted the same message to that thread as well.

The reason there are two threads and oodles of posts per thread, is because this is a serious issue. Many of us here have a strong stance on it. It's honestly a good thing we discuss it, as long as we don't let the posts go out of hand is all.

Unlike Reddit where flame posts are common, we don't allow that sort of thing here, and that's a good thing. Keeps the forum from becoming a sesspool lol. But intellectual conversations are always welcome here, I try to provide a few myself.

2 Likes

For me when I put this topic on forum about piracy tried help ZorinGroup in some way if they could closed that sides.
Next a couple times reading this post on piracy I am more sad and stop interesting this subject. Why? Because I bought and I don't have a "blood on hands". Better tried help users Zorin to solve problems.

I saw Zorin group managed to request a take down of illegal copy to some sites. But there is nothing they can do for other die-hard piracy sites.

I see your point, but at the same time it is crucial to display a firm statement as a community.

Otherwise, some member can insist to help those with "blood on hands" out of misguided generosity and accuse anyone who takes a strong stance. It may sound unreal, but it did happen here in this forum.

Just like any law abiding society, we need a firm rule established to Keep the forum from becoming a cesspool (TM) @StarTreker

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.