Detect a specific disk before installation

Ah, I see. Yes, I can see how that may be an issue.
Windows probably usually is the largest- but not always.
And you are right: Being a large partition does not mean that an Operating System is installed on that partition.
What you want to look at is not the size of the partition - but the size of "Used"

This is true. The Windows partition Manager is more verbose and that is a good thing.
This should be a feature request for Gparted - that it be made easier to read and have file size listed with gigs, not megs.

And it so happened that I decided to install the system next to Windows for the need and to avoid the risk and I created a free space equal to 79124 The problem is that it appears in the sda2 partition that the user is 3942 while it should be 178700 I made a mistake during the procedure and also converted the file system from NTFS to ext4 thinking that the option belongs to the empty partition Question: Did you delete this partition?

I am not sure if that question has been answered by anyone above.

It is best to have Windows already installed and then install ZorinOS alongside Windows as a dual-boot if that is the intention.

1 Like

I actually do not understand the question.
When you choose "Install alongside...", the Ubiquity installer sets Zorin OS up on the partition. You do not have the option (The partition manager does not open) to set the partition.
So I am confused as to what happened with your install if you were able to change the partition using that method.

In one device, the option to install appears next to it, and in another device, the option does not appear because there is a problem with booting the Windows system

I understood that the option to install next to it should appear, but I chose the second option, and then I did the above. My question is, did I lose the partition?

@337harvey , do you have any insight into this? I appear to be having a lot of trouble following the linear progression of this one.

Ignore the issue of installing disk next to Windows. I want an answer, on the other side of my question assuming I only want to install Zorin

I will do what you said but my question was something else as Windows does not work due to a defect before proceeding to install Zorin

I ran the trial version in English, and some sections appear in Arabic. It's strange

sda1 the system
sda 5 Storage unit New
sda4 files and images

I converted the sda2 partition from NTFS to ext4, and the user changed from it, and when I corrected the wrong action, the usage size changed. Did I delete the data ?

When trying to rearrange the sections and create a section, this note appears, and I do not want to delete any section

Why doesn't the install option appear next to Windows even though I have an operating system on the device?

How do I remove the tag ?
how to differentiate between primary and logical partition in GParted ?

Isn't it necessary to convert from MBR to GPT, since after searching it turned out that Linux is not compatible and will not work properly and the possibility of losing everything with MBR, not to mention that the Windows 10 version

What is the location of the new part and the installation position in the Swap, Home and EFI partition? This is not mentioned in the manual

Since it took 4 days to complete the system installation and the delay in response and the inability to wait due to the need to use the device, I had to make efforts while being careful not to mess around and I failed to pass this step

The Windows system is on the disk and I see it, but it is defective and does not work, and I cannot run it due to a defect that does not need to be mentioned, and for fear of waiting too long, so I decided to ignore it and go ahead and install Zorin in an empty space knowing that Windows does not boot, whether it is booting from a portable flash Or a hard drive, because the machine doesn't support UEFI running the default Ventuy because it doesn't see Windows during boot so I can disable fastboot or hibernate