Dual Boot - Keyboard and Mouse NOT Working after switching OS

Funny, it was exactly where I found a solution for my buggy SATA controller. Just proceed with caution there. It is really not for a beginner nor faint hearted. I've never posted anything there, but continuously reading the threads till I hit the solution.

1 Like

What it could be bad if i choose wrong or bad? Kill my usb ports?

Not just ASMedia, in my case it was Marvel.
Those add-on chips are pain in the rear compared with native Intel/AMD chips. But they are necessary evils to augment functions otherwise missing from native chips.

Another good place to search for firmware is this:

It is a French forum but also has decent English pages.

1 Like

My is PCH chipset Intel. Thank you I will try find some solution. Thank you @FrenchPress parle France? Merci

1 Like

Oui, je parle français, mais pas très bien :wink:

Long time ago I have a language French in school. Not to much remember a couple words. Thank you for help and time @FrenchPress , @Aravisian and @zabadabadoo . Very appreciate.

2 Likes

I'm confused as to why this went on for so long when you stated that you fixed it. I do understand frustration and wanting to get something fixed, but once you determined it was hardware related why didn't you contact the manufacturer? We cannot adjust bios, change manufacturers firmware or modify drivers. We can only help troubleshoot the os.

The amount of detailed information that you post makes me wonder where you get your information and why you need us to troubleshoot hardware issues.

Are you showing off or genuinely need assistance?

How I know where is the problem from hardware or Zorin OS? With discussion a people here we discovered this. So your question is little weird to judgement people who tried help. Besides the problem still exist and not fixed and we talking about situation where it was W7-->Zorin working ; Zorin ->W7 not working. Next time please reading a carefully to properly understand a problem. I hope I don;t hurt your feelings.

Actually there are people who use mod BIOS and flash alternative firmware including myself :wink: I did such adventure on 3 laptops and one M/B.

But I agree with you 100% that this forum is not a good place to seek such help. As an old Japanese saying goes: One cannot seek fish on top of a tree.

I meant in regards to bugs in the bios French.

I had read carefully Bourne, but early on you state that this problem is fixed, that it was usb3.0 issue with the board, then turn around to detail every aspect of that part of your system later. So i thought it was a relevant question that needed asked because you stated it was fixed.

I think sometimes we need sympathetic ears.
I can feel the frustration of system integration - which seems to be less and less people practising. But you are right about that, this is NOT a hardware forum.

I see your point.
Quite often, hardware issue and software issue are intertwined each other making them difficult to segregate. I hope I would master the skill of asking a right question to clarify the issue in future.

With @FrenchPress he put a link Z97A Gaming 7 - EHCI always claimed by XHCI drivers | MSI Global English Forum - Index this is what sayed about what side is a problem. Ok next time I will be more precision about creating a question with operating system Zorin OS. Sometimes the problem could be on both side hardware like my graphic card and edit grub to correctly working operating system. In this situation problem is on both side. Hardware cannot working properly without a operating system.

Operaing System Zorin 16 Pro working properly on my PC without problems only hardware problem switch Dual OS. Checked W7->Zorin->Restart->choose Zorin mouse and keyboard working. That is great news.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: PCIe to USB addon card

Do we understand your Mouse and Keyboard problem is now solved?
If it is then please mark the post which solved it as :white_check_mark: Solution

Yes. The best solution will be what before advice @FrenchPress and @Aravisian about buying adapter usb PCI-Express. Besides this is not problem operating system but hardware then this topic we can closed.

3 Likes

I don't understand after format operating system and booting dual now all working normal but my computer start slowly 1 min 20 sec

I find a solution what was a problem all time with this ports usb,not working mouse and keyboard after restart system. Don't need to buying adapter PCI Express.
The simple way just Clear CMOS and out battery. Now everything working perfectly also Linux don't gived any problems when start what i put a photo before. :smiley: :partying_face:

2 Likes

Usb here no all device recognize correctly before I have usb unknown device. With simple Clear Cmos out battery and jbat1 clear cmos jumper. First used jumper next battery out. In two words "Reset Bios"

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.