GPU not registering

i mean driver

You could try install the latest driver. Do you have screen when the nvidia driver is not installed?

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade

You should now see driver v495 in "Additional Driver" application.

the driver is installed but the graphic card wont show in the info page cuz i am logged in with security boot i think

So you installed Zorin OS while the secure boot was enable? Have you tried install Zorin OS with Secureboot disabled (which is recommended).

actually i installed zorin without safeboot however when it updated again and then rebooted it just showed static unless i used safeboot

Okay, this may do to a newer kernel if I understand correct it worked before updating the system. Can you please try boot in a previous kernel (5.11.xx).
See how: [HOW TO] set an older kernel to default boot

so reinstall zorin from scratch?

Not at current time, the older kernel should still be there on your system, you just need to boot into it.

i am sorry but i cant seem to understand how to set the older kernel as default

@Aravisian can you explain it better than I do? (Maybe language barrier on my part).

@vitality just wait 'til Aravisian comes online.

dis?

Looks correctly set.

now i restart> go into bios settings> turn off safeboot> boot again?

Yes. Did you remember to save it the changes? When the motherboard splash appears hit [esc] or [tab] like a machinegun.

whats the motherboard splash? like the zorin symbol underneath my company symbol?

When the brand of you motherboard appears (mine is Asus) and it says press [F8] for boot options etc.

oh for me it is just plain omen symbol it doesnt say anything else but i will try i will keep in contact on my phone forum website

1 Like

what now

Did you run

sudo update-grub

I'm not sure, something went wrong, it should take you to kernel option screen instead.
i'm no expert on grub field. Try reboot and push the other button [esc] instead of [tab] or vice versa.