How to get the best out of those crazy HiReso monitors

Well I would like to meet the commander!!
I hope I will someday
"Star wars music playing in background​:notes::notes:"

1 Like

I am so amazed to see a lot of people spend much money on their family entertainment system while satisfying with a build-in speaker in the TV for audio. I purchased a digital amplifier with integrated DAC and re-using the high end audio my husband had.

The remote controllers (TV, internet TV, amplifier, blue-ray) got a bit complicated so I crated this easy to understand diagram for my husband. But he still has to ask my help whenever he wants to watch TV. I cannot understand why :crazy_face:

3 Likes

hahaha, this diagram to him is like his "Dvorak" keyboard to you.

2 Likes

beep beep :robot:
I will tell you this deep secret.
To meet our supreme leader, you have to participate the forum and make as many contributions you can. Once you reach to the certain trust level, the promotion might come to your way.

beep beep....

1 Like

Well,I will pass every test, to meet the supreme power here.
I will replace him and get :-
Respect ,power and.....

Bannanaaaaa......

:joy:

You just failed the first test:
Do not create a duplicate thread.

1 Like

That wasn't a duplicate thread on one thread only mac advantages on other only Ubuntu advantages

8 posts were split to a new topic: Who is running this Forum -> Volunteers

Are you relaxed and all comfort??
Or do you need some peanuts, popcorn or a refreshment??

Well, I suppose a dasjdoom slayer will only be comfortable when he's got his trusty shotgun ready to pop a few shotties in some desperately drawn to you like free pizza at an anime convention, PINIKIES!

I've been in a serious mood over the past few days of awfulness, enough to melt the undead flesh off of zombies who annoy me. But I am doing better now.

Is not comfort quite suggestive if you think about it? A Klingon would consider a cold bare metal hard floor, to be a comfortable sleeping place when he's not in battle.

Me? I wanna be pampered, all the luxeries. Some might say thats a little overkill. Well, I think think there is no kill like overkill. If your gonna do something, I say do it to the max.

HAHA :grin:

Glad to hear you're all there and in one piece. Speaking of a cold bare metal floor - hope you're replying safe and sound from your comfort chair in the old StarTreker Command Center ?

And btw did you get the new M2 SSD?

I live a very isolated lifestyle, as such, I stay away from people, which in turn, allows me to stay safe and sound correct. What about you? Are you staying happy and comfy where you are?

Nope, the SSD appears lost in the mail, or is severely delayed. I contacted the seller and it took a couple replies until I could get serious action from them. They have contacted the shipper, and will try to find out where the heck my package is.

I really would like to get it soon. Cause even though Zorin OS 16 LITE hasn't been released yet, I'd like to have the drive already installed and ready, for when OS 16 LITE is released.

So we will see how things go. Are you having fun over there playing Doom or some other game?

Well speaking of isolated. I don't live quit isolated but don't care much for socializing. I have my closest family and my 2 sons with whom I once in a while communicate and gets visit from - and for now thats al I need, thank you.

I also wanted to expand the hard drive, was thinking of buying a 1 TB nvme SSD. But the 500GB just seem to be enough. I'm using it for Windows, ZorinOS and Libreelec. Once in a while I add a second linux distribution, recently I used windowsfx, but deleted it.

Gaming oh well that not really my thing. Once in a while I play fifa in Windows. I must admit I was addicted to the games; Shadow of the Tomb Raider (played it 6 times) and Desperados 3 (still can't get enough, great game, runs perfectly with Wine). Now I just try out some games and after a while get bored and uninstall it.

That is the drive that I bought. But of course, a week later and the price drops by 10-dollars, typical Amazon logic right there. Here's the way I look at it.

If your not doing any gaming, or production work, 500GB is more then plenty for both the OS, and to have some space to spare, to store some photo's, music, and even some video's as well.

But if your doing gaming, or you are doing production work, you really want a bare minimum of 1TB. Truth is, I would go with 2TB NVME SSD if it wasn't over 200 dollars right now, they are oddly expensive during this tech shortage.

Because I had an old computer from 2012, I wasn't able to play SOTTR, until I got my new computer this year. So I've only played it once and really loved it. I will probably play it again next year.

250Gb is not that much space, but then again your going to use for Zorin Lite, right. And 5 years warranty sound like a great deal.

Yep for now the 500GB seems enough. And no I do not save my games, I just like to try them and then deleted them. Have a external WD Elements 2TB which i use for saving my files, movies and pictures.

Thought you had a MSI laptop for gaming or am I wrong?

I'm sorry, my fault, should have clarified. The link is not working properly to the version I ordered. I ordered the 1TB version. 250GB is really only enough space for the OS, for a machine that is primarily just use for web surfing and Youtube streaming. So, if someone only used their computer in that way, it be enough for them.

And yes, the 1TB drive I ordered is for my MSI laptop. The laptop is a 17" model, which means its big, which means it has the space for two NVME slots. One is populated, the other slot is empty. I got a WD 1TB NVME drive in slot 1.

So from MSI, I got 1-drive in it now, and I got POP OS 21.04 on it. I want to stick the NVME drive I ordered into the slot 2, the empty slot, and I want to install Zorin OS 16 LITE on it. I want to learn XFCE better.

I used it a little bit XFCE over Zorin OS 12.4 years ago, but I haven't used it since I got on POP OS and have forgotten much. Anyways, I was thinking about doing production work on the Zorin OS 16 LITE instead of POP OS 21.04 which is Gnome.

I hope I clarified this properly.

I just edited my picture to show where things are. I forgot to put a label on the one on the right that is the WIFI adapter, but you get it lol...

Yes, you're loud and clear. The 1TB sounds more like it. And the MSI you have connected with to your 55 inch TV - thats how this topic started right?

1TB for just XFCE is aaaaaa lot. Btw what do you mean by doing production work?

Look at picture I uploaded just now above, I edited my previous post.

Production in my sense, is photo editing, and video editing, and the super rare use of Blender. For some other's production could also be CAD design. If your doing any of that stuff, especially 4K or 8K video editing, yeah, 1TB storage may seem like a lot, but make enough video's, fills up quick.

You know Linus Tech Tips on Youtube? He's the most popular tech media channel on Youtube, he has the millions to prove it too lol. Well, he generates so much content, shot by 8K and 12K camera's, he's got massive sized storage servers on his network that hold well over 12TB whatever it is exactly.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.