I have 2 wallpaper that i want to change according to time

LIke the one included in zorin 16 how can i make my custom wallpaper change according to time. What software do they use to make it work?

2 Likes

Think this might help Dynamic Wallpapers for Zorin 16

2 Likes

I think from the file that the website provides, you can change the script accordingly to lead to your wallpaper location. Haven't tried it but I will try it and I will send you a reply when I am done.

2 Likes

ok thank you

2 Likes

Its not working. Its just showing a black screen instead of the wallpaper after changing

1 Like

Are you asking what wallpaper changer Zorin OS is using?

1 Like

yes i want to do the samething but with a different wallpaper

2 Likes

This is a Very Good Question.
I just tried looking for it- and I know that it is there and installed... But I cannot source it.

1 Like

I too cannot find it. I just spent time looking through my extensions on OS 16, can't find nothing governing it, nor do I find anything in the software governing it. It must be a hidden Zorin feature that is built into the OS IDK.

2 Likes

I spent most of my time trying to figure out how to word my post diplomatically, actually.
I am annoyed by this.

Greatly.

The Zorin OS users should not struggle to know what is installed on their own computer. And it is all Open Source, Is It Not?

Renaming Open Source Applications to the Zorin Name puts those Open Source Applications under the Zorin Name and Logo Copywrite.

Maybe I am barking up the wrong tree with an assumption and missing something simple, here.

2 Likes

I actually agree with you about that, as its something that I have been noticing. Infact, just to make sure people know I am not talking out my butt, I am going to take a screenshot to show proof of what Aravisian and I are talking about....

1 Like

Yeah Zorin has changed the names of a lot of extensions, and put it under the zorin name, but they can legally do so right cause none of the extensions are copyrighted

1 Like

Maybe zorin is not disclosing it because most users dont care, but they should give all the necessary info to the ones who do. Like from a different page in the website or maybe a pdf

2 Likes

The immediate issue was that you wanted to add wallpapers, right?
In terminal, please elevate to root

sudo -i

Then open the File Manager with its Real name:

nautilus

Navigate to /usr/share/wallpapers and /usr/share/backgrounds

Look to see if the wallpaper options in the wallpaper changer are Visible in either of these folders. If they are, using your root-elevated Nautilus, can you try transferring in the wallpapers you wish to use.
Then re-launch the application with the wallpaper changer settings and see if they show up.

1 Like

no not that i can set the wallpaper with no issue i just have 2 wallpapers one i would like to be displayed in the day and one after like 6.30-7pm till the next morning 7pm. Like the one in macos but simpler

1 Like

I am sorry... I am not understanding. Are you saying you are able to select the Wallpapers you wish to use but cannot select the Time you want them used?

1 Like

I feel like he is saying that he wants to make it display his own wallpapers in a time that he wants.

1 Like

That was what I thought, too. It seems I misunderstood.

But I have never used the built-in wallpaper changer, so I expect that I will not fully understand how that application works.

1 Like

I don't know if I followed the thread correctly, but if you are only looking for the background image path, it is this one: /usr/share/backgrounds

The dynamic backgrounds use an XML file with timestamps and transition times pointing to the source images.

3 Likes

What about modifying the .xml file that displays the zorin mountain wallpaper?

1 Like