If I install Zorin OS as a virtual machine on Windows will I limit its abilities?

I want create full iso windows 7 and want testing on zorin 16 pro. Something here must be some link or answear if someone could help me find. So first I need start W7 create iso my operative system with all drivers and all software. Then i want use this iso in zorin where i will not using a dual boot. Want check if my computer don't get 100 temperature degrees.

This link what you put workin on windows 8 not on windows 7.

I have no idea which link you are talking about but VMware should run almost any version of Windows.

I tested as far back as Windows 2000 which runs perfectly.

Since I never own Windows Me, Windows Vista, nor Windows 8 (see how good I am for dodging the worst of Windows), I have no idea whether those will run or not.

1 Like

This link.
https://my.vmware.com/en/web/vmware/downloads/details?downloadGroup=WKST-PLAYER-1612&productId=1039&rPId=66621
Ok. I have installed vmware. Now need create copy a system and want using a pendrive and start them on Zorin.

I can add that VMWare Player was good for WinXP. But I no longer use it.

Yes I wondering what most simple this OS i can using only for not working things to save a memory, space etc. it must be simple and only working. I want connect them both idk if they have some basic , home , pro ,ultimate or 10 or 11. I don't need some special force tactics military system to run some software on mine personal use.

My recommendation is Windows XP. Provided that the software you want to use would run on it. Next to that Widows 10. I found it even better in handling of the resources than Windows 7.

I find something that.

for developer.

You can install any of those on VMware.
For the desktop, I give 16GB RAM to VM out of 64GB and 2 cores of CPU out of 12. I do not need much computer power in Widows VM since it is only for office applications.

Soon put a bomb in my VMware on Zorin.

This?
:bomb:

Yes if someone help me on Zorin vmvare. Then I can also in future testing another things example zorin 16 pro for testing some conky or another things. I am in customize a hardware. Recommended memory 512? Number of processor??Network Nat or bridge?Sound auto detect?Printer - Present?USB 2.0? Display auto detect? Please help what put there. OS is 32 bit xp edition 2021

You can leave almost everything default.
Only things that require modification is amount of RAM and number of CPU core.
I usually give 2GB RAM for Linux VM and 4GB or more RAM for Windows VM.

I gived 2GB. Then core 1 what about virtualization? and internet connection nat or bridge? I know xp not recognize over 4 gb RAM

If it will support what i need then i can use zorin. I have from grub dual boot menu only in bios changed boot hard disk

Try with 2GB first. You can always change that value.
Same for CPU. You can try with 1 and increase it if you think you need more.

What is more tricky is the size of the virtual disk. It is possible to change the size later but it is more involving. I gave 120GB for VM Windows and 20GB for VM MXLinux.

As for the network configuration, either NAT or Bridge connection should work.
external-content.duckduckgo.com

1 Like

I have feeling like inside my linux exist some alien his name is win xp

2 Likes

I am tired with this vmware.

2 Likes

Best. Post. Ever.

Download boxes (aka gnome boxes). Install disk image. Done.

P.S. You don’t need a product key.