In quest for Linux compatible WiFi

Well Michel, you do realize, that if you have an *ss, he will kick it. He will literally kick your *ss........ from every direction. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

We call those snaps, too.

In mechanical, there is a term like that - such as for Zerk fittings or ball joint grease points where you attach the Grease Gun hose. They all are exterior fittings that something else attaches to.
The image you provided are interior and something snaps into them - so we call those snap fittings. In mechanical, anyway.

And you would be wise to remember it.

I have as much a developed sense of humor as anyone; but always know your audience and be mindful of humor that you would not use around another sensitive parents children. If you have any doubts as to whether it is appropriate around others children, then you already know you will totally survive not telling the joke just fine.

And can you both stop sidestepping the word filter?

2 Likes

Aravisian, I can't dance for garbage, so if I start sidestepping, I'm going to end up falling into the garbage can.

In regards to zerk fittings, I thought you might appreciate this. I own a pneumatic powered grease gun from the Lincoln Industrial brand. They are a top notch brand, I highly recommend them. That thing sure beats pumping a handle all day long doing 20 or more grease points.

My first grease gun that I got from Lincoln Industrial is their lever action one, standard. Both of them use the same standard grease cartridges, but like I said, Pneumatic is so much easier! No more carpal tunnel, yes!

BTW, I use CRC RED lithium grease, what do you guys use over there?

1 Like

Thanks for confirming this.
I may be too naive, but when Michel gave me another name I started to wonder about my memory. Hence, invoking you here :star2:

1 Like

I obviously did not get your joke.

Earnestly, it was not my intension.
So please no offence.

1 Like

Me?
I think I just copy and paste Michel's reply.

1 Like

Moly Full synthetic.
I use Moly-kote aircraft lubricant on my ratchets, too.:expressionless: So, I may be going a bit over the top. It's pretty expensive stuff but... So are my tools.
I use a hand operated grease gun.
I had set the shop up with the compressor in a cage out back and then all lines to each bench. They are inset, so you don't bang into them with your knees. You know the deal.
But what got me was dealing with hoses under feet all the time. I have pneumatic tools, pneumatic jacks... I rarely ever use them.
My 1/2 impact gun can crank out over 1800 ft-lbs of torque. I use it once every couple of years. It's more likely to break something than to help...

We seem to all be way off topic.

Yeah, Michel, don't get your Zerk Fittings in a twist.

Treker and Michel.
...makes me look like a hypocrite if I don't get after them, for all the members where I did have to get after them; if I don't here and now, it will look like favoritism.

2 Likes

Hehe love you all 3, my favorite users here on the forum :). Maybe this topic should belong in the lounge and post a new one for confirmed working wifi sticks.

1 Like

I'm using this one with Zorin, works very well!

BrosTrend 1200Mbps Linux USB WiFi Dongle for PC of Ubuntu, Mint, Debian, Kubuntu, Lubuntu, Xubuntu, Zorin, Raspberry Pi OS, Windows 10-XP, 5GHz / 867Mbps + 2.4GHz / 300Mbps (AC1L)

1 Like

It actually does say Zorin in the description. :open_mouth:

(Twice.)

1 Like

Very nice, I like the SPECS on that, that totally meets my speed requirements. Truth is, my speed requirements are really not that high, I just want to see at least 450MBPS, and anything that exceeds that is pure awesomesauce.

Some USB dongles due specifically list Zorin, and I think those are the most awesome ones because of that. And Aravisian, you arn't going to get no argument from me just looking at that thing, it says, StarTreker, buy me, you know you want to! Anything that looks that substantial, tells me its gonna work good with reception.

I agree that they're not the best, but I use them for refurbed computers that I give away for free - so cost is an issue.

1 Like

I've heard of those charitable organizations accept a donation of old Windows machines then install Linux on them to donate. In that case, recipients would not be able to afford a high speed internet at their home. I think 150 bpm and 300 bpm would not make any difference in this scenario.

And network cards are the tricky parts in Linux, USB WiFi is a quick fix (as I often claim).

Just a quick question does anyone know if any of these work oob

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/1420579?clickSR=slp:term:usb%20wifi%20adapter:1:3:1

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9397525?clickSR=slp:term:usb%20wifi%20adapter:2:3:1

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3389780?clickSR=slp:term:usb%20wifi%20adapter:3:3:1

The AC1300 i bought for my wife and it is working fine. That one has better download speeds too compared to the other 2.

Drivers and instructions can be found here -> HP Pavilion G7-2310ED, wifi card got killed after a W10 update - #13 by Michel

1 Like

This?

1 Like

Yep that one

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-wireless-network-Adapter-SoftAP/dp/B008IFXQFU/ref=pd_ybh_a_38?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6NPPQP53B8HG5D4ZSFBW

These ones don't require 3rd party drivers. So find this one on the site that you order off of.

The ones that are listed as AC in their titles, require 3rd party drivers.

1 Like

So as most 150 pbs versions.
They are around long enough to be included in the kernel.

I suspect @CJ1994 is looking for a faster ones.
I only know one 300 bps version that works OOB.
RT5572

I suppose it worked OOB and your wife did not have to compile a driver herself.

1 Like

You are a vessle of knowledge FrenchPress, and I value your opinions, your advice, and your friendship. And, when you shared that picture of all the USB keys, I knew you were the real deal hehe.

1 Like