Its October! No Zorin OS LITE! Jeff's Not Happy!

I optimistically tried it. Read where it was now based not on Linux Mint Cinnamon, but now on Ubuntu & KDE. There are several things I really liked about it and still do. However I got rid of Feren previously due to it getting laggy, and the same goes for Mint Cinnamon. After 2, 3 months this go around with Feren, it was happening again. Maybe down the road will try again. Mint XFCE works, it's quicker, so I'm not complaining. Stuff happens.

I would guess those on distrowatch put those reviews in early on. Or maybe if I had newer gear it wouldn't have been an issue.

1 Like

This is what your brain will look like Jeff once you have your LITE...

See how it literally lights up. Its like, all the wonderful nurons firing, and then Jeff will finally be happy, and the school kids will be safe, from verbal abuse. LMAO! :rofl:

3 Likes

One can only hope...

1 Like

Pro Lite will be out in 5 days. 5 days? Hahaha.

1 Like

sooo...... It is 17th October and Zorin OS 16 Lite is still nowhere in sight.. :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

Any news?? Release date maybe?

Soon. Very Soon... But that's just a guess. Only thing I can tell you is, don't listen to TDodd....Hahaha... Kidding. He made a logical guess, like so many others, including myself. I look at it this way, we are all United in guessing wrong...lol The Siblinghood of the Lite. That looks a bit awkward, but have it include both.

2 Likes

Like Jeff mentioned Oct 17 was just a guess to keep the unknown bearable haha.

Yes! We will endure! We will just start guessing new guesses. :grin:

3 Likes

In that case, I say Oct 18th. Or the 19th. Or the 20th, etc... lol

FYI, I checked the download links, twice today, just in case there was an error in the release emails.... Nope...ha

2 Likes

Well, I am sorry to hear that OS 16 LITE didn't release today. Hopefully it comes soon though. But while were on the subject of guesses, I am going to guess that T-Dodds avatar is a black hole.

3 Likes

Now that is faith in my (incorrect) prediction! I am honored.

2 Likes

An excellent guess! Unfortunately it is not a black hole.

1 Like

Well, I suppose it could be a solar eclipse too

1 Like

Man that is nice, but no. You are getting "closer" Of course it can be all of the things you mentioned.

2 Likes

It truly is just something a family member drew on my phone years ago. It just reminded me of a waxing crescent moon.

2 Likes

Reminds me of one of the Indiana Jones films.

1 Like

Maybe that will be my new wallpaper!

3 Likes

Like Jeff, I am also giddy for Lite to be released! Got Pro on my Main and Laptop but I just love XFCE too much! And, I don't want the devs to feel like they are being pushing into hurrying and would rather have a great, frustration free release of that sweet sweet XFCE Zorin 16 Pro LITE! So as much as I want it now, I am more than happy to wait for the polish and checking and rechecking to make sure it is running and looking as close to perfect as it can be!

6 Likes

I would love to see that gamers edition first :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Lite version soon :slight_smile:

[SYNTAX ERROR: No Package Found]

Soon is not a date, please provide exact date and use SUDO command. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes