Linux vs. Windows

I have a different business ethic than you do.
In my shop, my employees are the ones who Do Work, take the guff from customers and who make it all happen. They are valuable, not commodities for My Way or My Money.
I do not see it as My company, My Money, My Way.

I see it as a team effort, almost family. I defend my employees when the customer is rowdy, not throw them under the bus and I never tell them to take the abuse because "my money."
My employee works for me. Anything they do working for me, on their time and sweat, is building that company.
I value the employees more than the customer. Customers keep coming. But a loyal employee is harder to find. Get a good employee - You listen to what they actually say, not what justifies what you want it to be.

1 Like

And there lies the heart of the entire issue I think. Two different philosophy's clashing like oil in water. Or positive and negative sides of a magnet, they repel each other, and so does oil and water, they do not absorb.

But common ground must be found. Ponder on this you both shall.

yoda

2 Likes

You are right. I am out of line.
Knowing the mood I am in today, I really should have avoided this thread.

I just really dislike it when a person keeps repetitively putting words in my mouth to paint a facade of what they claim my stance is, while they invent that stance as they go along.

Really, like you just did with me ASSUMING I don't stand up for my employees.. You just assumed something and put tons of words in my mouth that I did not say nor gave indication of.

You don't know me, you don't anything about me so you would do well to keep the personal attacks to zero.

I really dislike when people think anyone else says is a personal offence to them. None of what I said was, I merely pointed out flaws in Linux and you went at me like a fanboy. Read your own words... I invented nothing and stated the same thing repeatedly. You're the one who went off about this and that, not I. I've been using for 20 years and as you state you just started. Pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. Sorry, I didn't bow down to you oh mighty one.

You're right, maybe you should have stayed off the thread... It's clear you used me as your own personal punching bag. And I'm way too old to put up or deal with fanboys.

This will be my last response to this thread with you, it's clear all you want to do is take offence to something that isn't there and argue. Go argue with yourself.

Good. Because you have done little else but spew personal attacks at me across the majority of your posts by completely distorting almost everything I said.

It's clear you see things in what people express to distort in order to misrepresent what they say into something you can more easily argue with.

Here in our country you could pick up ubuntu disks for free, talking about 15 years ago or something.

2 Likes

Yes, remember the same in Germany, too. Free disks for different Linux-Distros.
Or very little money by post.

2 Likes

Ha! yeah germany had them too. I live close at the border (The Netherlands)

1 Like

I am 1/4 dutchman :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Not that i understand or speak dutch... but we had a very nice vacation in 2018 there. Beautiful Country!

1 Like

My father is german and my mother is dutch, i am 1/2 haha. My german language is bad, i do understand when they speak german to me. Talking back in german is a bit ... bleh haha

1 Like

I use email clients because I have a dozen email addresses from a variety of services. I don't like having to login to multiple browser tabs all the time. I sync using IMAP or Exchange and let the client do its thing. I can also re-read or write offline then send later.

(I also close all my tabs after I'm done with the browser. I have at most a dozen tabs open and am not crazy about having dozens or hundreds open all the time.)

2 Likes

In 2001 I had a choice to make, upgrade my Win98 machine to XP or do something else. I really contemplated spending more money on Windows, as I was fed up with the constant tinkering and meddling with drivers for it. I read a little bit about Linux and thought maybe it would be a good alternative. I never liked Apple, so that wasn't even considered.

I was at the electronics store, saw a boxed set of Mandrake Linux and bought it. I also bought a new hard drive, so I could disconnect the one in my PC with W98 and have it as backup, in case I didn't like Linux.

Put my W98 hard drive on a shelf, installed Mandrake on the new one and never looked back. Several years later, I happened across my old W98 hard drive. I put it back on the shelf and don't remember what ever happened to it after that. I have just never had a reason to give Microsoft another try... just not interested and they don't offer me anything more compelling than what I can get from my Linux OS. My hardware "just works" and takes far less effort to maintain. But, then again, all the hardware I use is seven years old or older. I just keeps running. (Typing this out on my Acer AOD255E netbook right now).

2 Likes

Im still surprised Linus (Sebastian), a tech influencer and has years of IT experience, have no true experience with GNU/Linux.

I agree, but he's been living in a prodominant Windows and Apple world, thats where all the market is, thats where he worked in. Linus has a Linux expert on his team, he's a great guy named Anthony, he's my favorite Linux nerd on his team.

I feel bad for Anthony though, cause he's forced to also use and test out Windows and Apple as a part of what they do on their channel. So anytime Linus and Luke have issues, I am sure they can always call on Anthony for support lol.

Anthony young you mean ?

You mean this guy who sayed install POP OS?
YouTubeUa-d9OeUOg
Yes he is freaky very cool with tricks with linux and how to create something impossible on linux.
Apple won't like this... - Run MacOS on ANY PC - YouTube
but they mostly are more for corporation side.
DON’T buy a new PC for Windows 11! - How to install - YouTube
Here about gaming Linux vs Windows
- YouTube
-HMkgxt0

I watched some vids from him, great guy with alot of skills

1 Like

Yes. What I can sayed people are addicted $ sign. The linux must be configuration to working properly, the problem people are working 12 hours and don't have time because a family,kids and one what they want a cold beer after dirty a jobb.
The problem the system don't gived people to think what is better for them privacy. The circle is like a loop. People grow up, married, job,children, take a credit a house. Everything is precise construction to not gived people to think how they can be a more rich or spend more time for hobbies. Corporation buying politics and media. Products what are on internet not always are what to be. Paying horrible price where sometimes cheaper are better. That how working psychology. People always want something new and most important time for family I saw how huge library software Linux have for free. You don't get this from box "Billy".

Yes, Anthony is the best, I think hes better then Linus. Very smart guy, and great personality too.

Anthony i bet he can eaten that another guy with programming. Another guy "Linus" - building pc. Then without software when you build pc are you will be watching only RGB light?:joy::rofl: